VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Guidance On Tdiu

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey here is the deal, I am currently 80% been Unemployed (non SC ) since 2001. I got hurt but nothing related to my SC Back. MY back had gotten worse had surgery 3 level lumbar fusion

May 2010 I listed on my claim for TDIU without a Surgeons opinion behind me but the claim got turned down. I appealed had surgery once they got in there my back is horrible "20 years advanced due to SC injury to lower back") now my letter sent in i applied for Aid and attendance as I am unable to do certain hygiene task as well as am considered housebound my surgery did not do everything that the surgeons thought it would. I suffer like a lot of you with constant pain, but considering the severity of the arthritis by 2 other neurosurgeons I am done. i asked the surgeon for his opinion of my ability to return to work he wrote that I am unable to maintain gainful employment . I turned in my Aid and attendance form submitted by surgeons any ideas of what else I can do? I was told submitting the VA form if my case was at rating board it will go back and start over? I also submitted statement I had no other evidence to submit with the Aid and attendance letter.

I also had an MRI last week and now i have Arthritis setting up in my upper neck I was told the stability of the lower spine with three herniated disc led to the 2 bulging disc in my neck. I am not going to file but have any of you all have a case similar?

frustrated but hanging in SC

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

"i asked the surgeon for his opinion of my ability to return to work he wrote that I am unable to maintain gainful employment"

Did he specifically say his opinion was based on the affects solely of your SC conditions?

Have you formally claimed the athritis as a secondary condition to your SC disablities and could the surgeon make that point too with a full medical rationale?

<BR>"i asked the surgeon for his opinion of my ability to return to work he wrote that I am unable to maintain gainful employment"<BR><BR>Did he specifically say his opinion was based on the affects solely of your SC conditions?<BR><BR>Have you formally claimed the athritis as a secondary condition to your SC disablities and could the surgeon make that point too with a full medical rationale?<BR>
<BR><BR><BR><FONT size=5>Thanks Yes My nuerosurgeon stated in his letter to the VA as a result of my SC injury to my back, the arthritis had progressed and my back was 20 years advanced past my age <BR>Due to the original DDD rated @10%. He did state in his letter to the VA that went along with my Aid and Attendance forms that I needed daily help with several issues and that with the Letter I hope i can get some help. I am not expecting a whole lot based on my past experinces with the VA I continue on. Thanks for the reply<BR><BR>I have applied for arthritis as secondary to my SC back that I had surgery on in May. My Doctor has been very supportive of me and has helped me more than<BR>he will ever know. I put in for Aid and attendance as the surgery did not go as far as he or I wanted it to go. The arthritis is all the way from the base of the spine to my upper neck. I am waiting on the rating to see if I will make the TDIU. </FONT> Edited by oldman273