VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bi-Lateral Feet Calluses

Rate this question

stonedog58

Question

I have been out of the military for over 32 years now. I just found out this year that i could have been getting a check for calluses on both of my feet . By not knowing this i never put a claim in. Now i have been walking around for over 32 years with foot pain and the V.A. will only pay me for the time i put the claim in at 10%, even through my medical paperworks states that i received the calluses 32 years ago. My question is ,why if you are going to pay someone for an injury they received years ago while in the miltary but didn`t know that they could have put this claim in, that they won`t pay you for the lost years? I just don`t understand this. also, i have hearing loss in 1 ear, medical paper trail from 32 years ago, i was an tank driver for over 2 1/2 years, again they say `i don`t have enough` hearing loss. my thing is `i shouldn`t have any hearing loss. i didn`t have any loss when i entered the military. Can someone please tell me why the government has this `law` that they will not pay you for injuries unless you put a claim in even through its clear that your injury is military related. I thought they are suppose to take care of us VETS.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

It all depends on these issues:

1: You developed Calluses on your feet in service and there is documentation.

2: You have chronicity or the condition was always there and did not heal.

3: you get a Doc to review the history and make an opinion on your current condition and relate it to service. (Nexus)

My feet are also a mess ever since I worked in the Scullery during Boot Camp. Whole Bottom calluses and cracking and painful if I walked a lot.

J

Thanks,

And like i stated and you know, that having calluses on the bottom of your feet is painful just walking. and when i first got these calluses in 1977, the dr. stated and i have it on paper, `self care`. so i took it that it was nothing i could do about it. No one told me when i was leaving the military that i could put in a claim. I even have my ETS medical records which states i had feet problems.And its common sense that any kind of calluses on your feet are painful,.

It all depends on these issues:

1: You developed Calluses on your feet in service and there is documentation.

2: You have chronicity or the condition was always there and did not heal.

3: you get a Doc to review the history and make an opinion on your current condition and relate it to service. (Nexus)

My feet are also a mess ever since I worked in the Scullery during Boot Camp. Whole Bottom calluses and cracking and painful if I walked a lot.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

You could have agent orange presumptive disease for 20 years and until you put in a claim you get nothing. They don't go back to the first time you had symptoms only to when you filed for it.