VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded May 2010 For Sc

Rate this question

LIL-ROB

Question

I went to RO last Fri and was told that once your claim was sent back to them it get's locked up for 120 day's with nothing done until after the day's have expired.Then they pull it out then you got another 120 day's for the rating board.Has anyone heard of this?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It would not surprise me!

On the other hand, it can come out in a hurry if Nehmer, a Senator, or a Lawyer is involved.

The VA is used to working to it's slow time line, and, unless forced by external causes, will take as much time as it feels like.

Congress needs to impose reasonable deadlines, and penalties for breaking them. After all, if a veteran has deadlines, so should the VA.

One way to insure timely action by the VA is to require that the VA pay either the compensation sought, or an addition to eventually paid compensation.

A class action suit or two might be in order.

I went to RO last Fri and was told that once your claim was sent back to them it get's locked up for 120 day's with nothing done until after the day's have expired.Then they pull it out then you got another 120 day's for the rating board.Has anyone heard of this?

• HadIt.com Elder

They do this in order to group dates filed together so they can say no one gets preference unless it is mandated by the BVA, Court or Congress.

J