VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ischemic Heart Disease Related To Agent Orange

Rate this question

CROW

Question

I am currently rated at 100% for Prostate Cancer (100%), Diabetes (20%), Neropathy (10%), Charcot Foot (10%), all Agent Orage related. On Sunday I had a mild heart attack and had two stents emplaced in heart artery. Question is what do I gain by applying for additional disability for Isochemin Heart Disease?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What if they say estimated 50% on the ejection-will they accept this as if it stated just 50%? I am waiting on the result of claim with the rating for a reconsideration for missed medical evidence. This would give me a rating of 60% vs 30%-big difference.

• HadIt.com Elder

Very true. CAD can lead to ischemic heart disease, but is not IHD. IHD is basically a certain type of damage to the heart, usually caused by a restricted blood supply to specific areas of the heart.

A chemical stress test with the appropriate monitoring equipment clearly shows how the heart is malfunctioning, and the presence of IHD.

Best to ask you doctor if this is ischemic heart disease.

Not all CAD is ischemic.

If you google non-ischemic heart disease plenty of info will pop up-as to the different types of CAD.

• HadIt.com Elder

Told by who? The VA? If so, I'd suggest that you should consider getting another opinion, and if possible, a workup by and at a recognized heart center.

i WAS TOLD I HAVE MILD c.a.d. IS THIS THE SAME AS IHD,EF65 SHOULD I APPLY FOR AGENT ORANGE.i AM ON MEDS NAMVET67

• HadIt.com Elder

It would depend on more than one thing. There is additional compensation for a catastrophically disabled veteran. Chances are that the VA has ignored it completely, even though they are supposedly required to consider it.

The hassle might outweigh the additional benefit. I believe it involves having 100% and at least 60% of other compensatible disabling problems.

I am currently rated at 100% for Prostate Cancer (100%), Diabetes (20%), Neropathy (10%), Charcot Foot (10%), all Agent Orage related. On Sunday I had a mild heart attack and had two stents emplaced in heart artery. Question is what do I gain by applying for additional disability for Isochemin Heart Disease?