VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc S Paid!

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just got a check for $8200 bucks from the VA for "S". That is all it could be since I knew they had finalized the decision. This would be two years of retro for "S". That is the fastest payoff in history since I only sent in the claim about 5 weeks ago. I checked my bank account. I have not gotten the letter yet, but I think I will get it today. Hot Damn!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations! I know that has to be a big relief. Woot!

Good job, John! More evidence of the truth to the "squeaking wheel gets the grease" theory.

WOW!

Was this retro due to Bradley V Peake????

You sure must have had your ducks in a row !!!!and had them armed with evidence !!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

Yes, this was Bradley v Peake. I sent in my claim and sent a copy of the Fast Letter with it. I fit the profile exactly, so there was just no question about a matter of settled law according to lawyers at NVLPS. I have not got the letter yet, but what else could it be since then only other claim I have is a CUE that is going to the Court of Vet Appeals and that is for much more than 8K. I was pretty shocked when I saw my bank account. Usually, I get the decision letter first. The regulara VA check won't hit my bank until 11-01-2010. I wonder if the new amount will be reflected in my new check amount this month? I am pretty sure it will. I phrased my claim as a request for the statutory benefit of SMC "S". No mention of housebound or any of that. I talked to Phil and Teac about that format. So this must be an indication that people here are going to get paid.