VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision On Iu

Rate this question

E-4 Ken

Question

I received the decision on my claim on regarding IU. They stated that my service connected conditions combine to an evaluation of 90%. Therefore I meet the schedular requirement for IU. A statement I sent them from my doctor. He stated that I unable to maintain gainful employment. I had to quit work in 2006 due to my pain from 4 lower back operations all concerted failed surgeries. Also from side effects of pain medications. After quitting work I started working 2 or 3 days a month. My income for 2006 was 0, income for 2007 was $825.00, 2008 was $3150.00, 2009 was $2100.00. All well below the means for my area. I was denied IU due to I have not sent them my tax statements for those years. I sent them my tax statements for those years along with a letter of disagreement. Can anyone tell me what all this means? Did I do the right thing? The service officer helping me has not returned any of my calls since April of this year. Any help will be greatly appreciated! I hope this makes since to someone.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds to me like "ya dun good!!" With that little income you should be awarded TDIU, without any problem, but don't spend the money yet, cuz ya never know what the VA might do. jmo

pr

I received the decision on my claim on regarding IU. They stated that my service connected conditions combine to an evaluation of 90%. Therefore I meet the schedular requirement for IU. A statement I sent them from my doctor. He stated that I unable to maintain gainful employment. I had to quit work in 2006 due to my pain from 4 lower back operations all concerted failed surgeries. Also from side effects of pain medications. After quitting work I started working 2 or 3 days a month. My income for 2006 was 0, income for 2007 was $825.00, 2008 was $3150.00, 2009 was $2100.00. All well below the means for my area. I was denied IU due to I have not sent them my tax statements for those years. I sent them my tax statements for those years along with a letter of disagreement. Can anyone tell me what all this means? Did I do the right thing? The service officer helping me has not returned any of my calls since April of this year. Any help will be greatly appreciated! I hope this makes since to someone.

It sounds to me like you need to hand carry this information into the VA and get a date stamp that proves they have received it. You could also send it in certified signature receipt or express mail receipt to make sure you get a signature of VA receiving it. VA often claims that they did not receive evidence and fail to review the entire record. The only thing you can do is resubmit the evidence. If it is within one year of your rating, then file for a reconsideration. If it is close to the end of that one year then file a NOD.

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder if the idiots at the VA understand that with the incomes you stated you are not required to file tax statements. It has been fairly recent that I have seen them asking for copies of tax statements.

Its a good thing you have evidence and I would send them a letter (notice) that you want them to go ahead and make the decision with the evidence they have or they might drag this out.

On the positive side it looks to me like you proved your claim.

If you have Social Security Disability send a copy of award letter and if you don't apply for it.

Posts like this are happening more and more! What is wrong with the VA acknowledging the have received the documents. Our mail system is just NOT that bad!

The VA really needs to get the mail rooms up to snuff or contract it to China or something to improve it. Post like this are no way to treat a vet.

I hand carried my tax forms to the county for just that reason to make sure they got it! I also of late FAX everything and mail to the RO's when the request them.

If the VA is getting duplicates of every veteran that files a claim what a energy waste!!