VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nervous They Will Lower My Rating

Rate this question

101airborne

Question

According to my award letter from 2008, I have an exam in November. I am really nervous the VA will try to lower my rating. I'm currently rated at 70%. My symptoms have gotten worse overtime. The only change since then is I told my doctor last week that the meds was helping a little bit. I still haven't worked since 2008. Do they lower ratings often? it says on my last reward letter that my rating was temporary. The doctor also made comment during my eval in 2008 that he thought I was on the wrong meds. I hope they dont use the new medicine as a way to lower my rating. My representative said since this is my third exam in 5 years, it makes me percentage permanent this time. I dont do well with stress but I hope you guys can give me some good advice.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

According to my award letter from 2008, I have an exam in November. I am really nervous the VA will try to lower my rating. I'm currently rated at 70%. My symptoms have gotten worse overtime. The only change since then is I told my doctor last week that the meds was helping a little bit. I still haven't worked since 2008. Do they lower ratings often? it says on my last reward letter that my rating was temporary. The doctor also made comment during my eval in 2008 that he thought I was on the wrong meds. I hope they dont use the new medicine as a way to lower my rating. My representative said since this is my third exam in 5 years, it makes me percentage permanent this time. I dont do well with stress but I hope you guys can give me some good advice.

Not knowing you it is hard to say BUT I would think you will be OK. If the new meds are helping you make it through the day that is a plus but they have not cured you.

I have not heard that after 3 exams it becomes P&T but that is a good thing. Stress is a killer for me too and I just have a horrible time with it. The meds I take help me stay closer to normal I think but who really knows.

Again not knowing you I still will go out on a limb and say you will be fine!!

I do not trust them at all. If they think you are getting "better" , as they look to save $ and if they think they can reduce, they will. I know from the threats they made to me to sever my claim after a few years of granting...A new VA employee may get to evaluate your claim and they write an opinion that is not valid, and then you may have to fight...I certainly hope this never happens to another vet, BUT if it does, then immediately notify them you want a personal hearing with a DRO and De Nono review within 30 days of the date on the letter or they will cut you off and then you have to fight forever...Filing maintains your current award, till after the decision is made post hearing...By the way they declared me deceased too, trying to stop my $$ had to fight them for that too.

So you see why I am ALWAYS suspecious of them.