VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc S

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I am rated 100% P&T for panic disorder with agoraphobia and 30% for flat feet with an S rating. If there is anything I have learned over my years in dealing with the VA is you have to ask for specifically what you want and you have to be willing to take it up the ladder.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get out and drive myself somewhere if I wanted. I mainly stay home because of my depression and don't like being around lots of people, so I guess I'm the reason I'm housebound. What would stop me from applying for and being awarded TDIU? I am 100% P&T and have been told (in writing) from Voc-Rehab I am not eligible for Voc services because of the Number and severity of my Disabilities.

Thanks,

David

dsgsr

Right now I don't think you have a claim for housebound unless you are housebound. That's is a good possibility. There are other vets here who are actually housebound and they got "S". To speak to VAF's point if a vet is schedular 100% plus 60% they are entitled to "S". That is the law. If they overlook it it is a CUE.

I think that's the reason it's referred to as "statutory" housebound benefits vs. literally being housebound, two totally separate qualifying criteria. You can be one or the other, but you don't have to be both.

I'm confused a little is this benefit for housebound, and if you are not housebound you don't qualify. I like dsgsr can drive myself where I need to go; which is mostly dr's appt's but have trouble getting around and am also anxious around people.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm pretty confused on this Bradley V Peake thing, Can anyone here give me guidance? My VSO has never heard of Bradley V Peake.

In '97 I was awarded IU and had 50,40,30,20,20,10% . Then in '99 I received an increase in the 50-to-70 and the 10-to-50 which gave me 70,50,40,30,20,20 and 3.6 for Bi-lateral for the 20's and I was made 100% P&T. Would Bradley V Peake come into play here, or not because the IU wasn't TDIU?

Thank you,

David

What a real up to date VSO. You can quote me on this: Your Vso is a MFC. ( Moron First Class)

It is his job to be up on the latest court cases and since Bradley was a very well publisized case it proves your VSO is not doing his Job. Do you really want this chump handling your claim?

Iu is IU, TDIU, Unemployability. All the same issue.

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually being able to drive yourself to medical appointments does not mean that you are not housebound. The thing that you need in my opinion is a dx of agoraphobia. Many who suffer from agoraphobia can get out on a limited basis but they have some pretty bizarre ways of doing it. I got around for a long time if my dog went with me. If it was to hot I stayed at home.

Sometimes I stay at home for weeks without poking my head out the door and sometimes I can. I do not like to be around people I don't know, I quit flying and very seldom even drive 90 miles with wife to a place we have in East Texas.

I had planned to meet with Tbird last week but because of me and wife not up to snuff could not do it. When I go somewhere someone close to me has to go with me..

The VA knew this since 1991 but not till I asked for it was it granted 3 years ago. John999 and I told each other many times to apply for it. You cannot believe how happy it made me to see that he finally got it.

Many have posted probably would qualify but the VA will make you take a C&P and if it were me I would make sure that Doc knows of any agoraphobia that you have.