VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which Test Will Carry More Weight?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I had my C&P General Medical Examination, all was completed except the ECHO Test for my heart, and it is scheduled this Monday. Now, even before I was scheduled for a C&P I had a complete heart exam scheduled with my private heart doctor. One would think that they would both have the same results. But, say they are different, which one would carry more weight with the VA, the QTC ECHO Test, or a very intense Heart Examination/?

Papa

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thats a good question Harlan County. Echos are interpeted by Cardiologist. The main issue is ischemia or CAD. The Stress test can see that also. An Echo is a god test because it measures EF.

If you have issues and have had a recent heart cath, then that test is boss as it is an actual looksee at your heart and vasculature of the heart.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the more objective tests you get the better. The heart cath is king, but it has risks as you know. The VA gave me an echo, then chemical stress test, and then another echo as part of the same test. This is the way it should be done I think.

At my Private Cardiologist I had the Chemical Stress Test, ECHO Test, They put me in a chair that looked like a seat on a spaceship, and this strange machine hovered over me. He also had me wear a monitor for 24 hours. Had to take another injection and sat in the spaceship chair again. Then he had me have a calcium scoring CT to have a look at me heart veins. I'm tired. Get results this coming Thursday.

Papa