VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Iris Answer

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Here is the answer to my Iris I posted to the VA this morning:

Thank you for your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs dated November 1, 2010 regarding the status of your claim.

Claims for the three new presumptive conditions of exposure to Agent Orange will be given priority when the Congressional review of the regulation that will be used to rate these claims has been completed. As of this date there has been no official word regarding this review. Information should be forthcoming soon.

I was under the opinion this was all over and done with!! Why are they STALLING MORE!

Anyone hearing anything else???

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Basically it is like this. The call center this Iris is generated from is looking at your screen of your case and saying they do not have a definitive answer to give you. The rest of it is just generic BS.

I got one of these a while back and they said the same thing they will have to get back to me when they hear from the RO. They did send me another email telling me my status a couple of days later.

Hang in there hopefully you will get one too.

The Nehmer claims are taking longer because they are more complex. They are essentially like an appeal.

Hope this helps!