VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

dittybopper

Question

Hello All,

Just got a copy of my C&P exam. By her report it states that veterans condition is as least liekely as not 50/50 due to his pre-existing condition. Also she plainly states (word for word) that she feels that my disability rating is 30% due to this one condition. If I have done my fuzzy math correctly, 40% + 30% = 60% percent. However since this report was somewhat favorable (she at least states it is adjustment disorder) what are the odds of the rating officer throwing away my C&P report and going with his own direction. Also I have a civilian Pschycologist who is vehement that this disorder is PTSD and NOT Adjustment disorder. Should I send his responce to the C&P report to the Regional Office and will it do any good?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

send all the medical evidence you have that supports your claim!

As others have said let the rater do the rating and the dr. do the evaluation!

Sit back and wait with the rest of us sounds like your claim is well on its way to being granted SC.

"If your disability puts you out of work and you are not rated high enough to be placed in a TDIU status, You can file on the basis of stress etc... that the hardship places upon you."

It doesn't matter what current rating a vet has- if they also have medical evidence that their SC prevents them from working then they should apply for TDIU.

I always use my husband's case as example:

PTSD 30 % SC 1984.

Claim for higher rating 1993 Sent in TDIU form

PTSD 100% P & T SC granted 1997. Retro to 1991.

When the VA sees 70% SC then they send out the TDIU form.

Nothing however prevents a veteran for applying for TDIU sooner.

# 18 Check yes and apply for SSA disability.

If you get SSA already and it is for the same SC condition-tell them this under the Remarks area # 25.

Tell them all side affects of your SC meds and if VA Voc Rehab ever turned you down due to you SC conditions, tell them that too.

TDIU 21-8940.pdf