BakerGeckos
      $50.00
      Anonymous
      $10.00
      Offline Donation
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
navydoc2

Frustrated

Question

I received my employment questionaire from the VA back in August. This was the first year that I had to fill it out since I was just granted IU last year in Feb O9. I mailed it in and made a copy for my records. Then I got to thinking about what some have said on this site, about the VA claiming they never got it. I then made another copy and sent it certified, thinking that was the best way. Well last week I get a letter from the VA stating since they did not receive my questionaire; they were going to reduce my award back to the 80% instead of the IU. I couldn't believe it. So I took the copy that I had with the certified label, and printed out when it was received by the VA and who signed for it. I went down to the VA and spoke with a gentleman, showing him my evidence that I had mailed it in time. His response was that just because they recieved something in the building doesn't mean they got it. HUH!!! WTF does that even make sense? You are saying you can get something in the mail sign for it; and still there are no guarantees it will be processed, you can just hope whoever signs for it feels like doing thier job that day? This is what we have to deal with?

/doc

Yep that is what we have to deal weith

Ad

It appears that a scenario is happening here. With the volume of mail going out to the Regional Offices and the slow as crap time it takes to get the actual mail into the hands of the resonsible party causes delays in deadlines, yet the letter for the proposed reduction zips out the door the day after the deadline.

What is wrong with this scenario?

Observation points: Things like this upsets people. Some may stroke out or have an MI. Attempt to save money?

Suggest Vets use fax machine to fax info as well as use Certified return recipt or Fed EX or UPS with viable tracking numbers. Last resort is to go to RO to personally hand it to them and ask for date stamped copy.

J

Edited by jbasser

I went down to the VA and spoke with a gentleman, showing him my evidence that I had mailed it in time. His response was that just because they recieved something in the building doesn't mean they got it. HUH!!! WTF does that even make sense? You are saying you can get something in the mail sign for it; and still there are no guarantees it will be processed, you can just hope whoever signs for it feels like doing thier job that day?

/doc

navy,

All vets who live close enough to their RO should submit everything in person and get a date stamped copy,

they can also follow up with a fax or RRR mail.

No matter how it's done, here's a hypothetical scenario for us all.

Claimant goes to RO submits - 3 pages of medical evidence, a signed ROI form to get private medical records

and it's all attached to a 21-4138. Claimant submits it in person and gets a date stamped copy.

This new paperwork will go into a pile, a bin, a section - whatever, but it can fall off the pile, out of the bin

or never arrive at it's section.

If it falls off the pile it may end up underneath a desk or get accidentally dropped back behind a stationary cabinet, etc...

Now I would at least like to say, I hope this does not happen on purpose - it may or it may not.

The VBA does get one heck of a ton of mail and as they say - sheet does happen, that's why we suggest

more than one way to try and insure your paper's make it to your claims file.

A few years ago there was a rash of proposed reductions by VA due to this crap.

I recall many vets here decided to make copies of the employment form and mark their calendar to send it to VA before the VA even asks for it,but they can still say they never got it.

One good reason to have a vet rep is to make sure they too have a copy of it and proof that you mailed it to the VARO.

Or Fax it to them or give it to them in person-

then again they could still lose it.

Berta

That's right. I download a copy of the form in December and take it over to the VARO and get it stamped. They have not sent me a form in three years. It is a scandal that they would propose to reduce someone over this since they send it (when they send it) via regular mail. They don't ever write you to confirm you got it. You have to bend up like a figure 8 to protect yourself from their negligence. Twice they have failed to send me notification of C&P exams and denied claims due to that. I get it corrected, but it pisses me off. They treat us with such disrespect and most accept because what can they do? If not for Hadit and the internet where would we be?