VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav, Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

abean

Question

Don't know much about the organization. All I know is that they seem to know more about my husbands claim than me, hubby, and VA. We really don't know how they got our info. Are they legit? Is it an edge to use them?

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am a life member of the DAV. I would gladly give it up to get a refund. It has been the poorest investment I ever made. Now I have a lawyer and I would be glad to pay 20% if he wins my CUE for me.

I am a life member of the DAV. I would gladly give it up to get a refund. It has been the poorest investment I ever made. Now I have a lawyer and I would be glad to pay 20% if he wins my CUE for me.

Could anyone recommend a good DAV VSO in Tucson. Since they have a power of attorney on all my ongoing claims, it wouldn't be a good idea

to drop them as a group.

The idea is to find one that doesn't have an attitude or any other issue I have described in other post! Thanks:sleep:

Edited by COOL BREEZE

If the only thing you see in DAV life membership as is an investment then I am sorry that joining held no other value for you...did they help you get your 100 percent or did you do that all by yourself? I understand that there is validity in many complaints regarding service orgs. and DAV is no exception. I truly think that communication is the sore spot, but then again you can't please everyone no matter what you.

A couple of years ago one of our NSO's died, a gentleman came in the office and complained because he wasn't there and we were closed, and when we told him the office was closed due to his passing, he said he didn't care and wanted to see one of us, or change representation. We advised on allowing him to come during the next business day for an appointment, this wasn't good enough so I think he made his own choice.

Point is, I respect your opinion, hope that your contentions are granted based on VLJ or Court review. It does saddens me that people see DAV membership as an investment...meaning they expect an favorable outcome because they join the organization. If this is why you joined, I wish you would have reconsidered. I joined DAV because I believe in the organization's mission on Capitol Hill, and because I believe in what DAV stands for, this was done far before I became a NSO for this organization. In no way was membership to DAV contingent upon favorable resolution of my claims, or for any other reason.

Edited by rakkwarrior

Cool Breeze,

You should be hearing from the office supervisor in the near future, let me know if you don't. Following up on your situation was one of my missions to complete yesterday when I went in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cool Breeze, no one can really advise you if the DAV is good or bad. I am also a member.

All they can do is tell you their experiences. I actually fired the DAV and used the AL for my claim but I took a different approach.

After 8 years of denials and the old we cannnot locate your service medical records, I decided to do something about it. I bumped into a littel website Called Hadit.com. On that site were some really super folks that to this day are very trusted friends.

I decided to pursue my claim with the advice of these members and once I learned that a VA claim was a matter of legal precedence, I kicked it in gear. It took some more time to get it done but it did get done and I stayed away from the BVA.

I used the AL as a courier, information tool as I did all things to the RO myself.

Now the playing field for you is differrent. You have the option of bringing in a new breed of Support. The attorneys who have a license to practive VA law are now involved and the number of vets using to them is astounding.

In my opinion, who is more qualified to represent you. It is up to the veteran to decide.

J

Cool Breeze, no one can really advise you if the DAV is good or bad. I am also a member.

All they can do is tell you their experiences. I actually fired the DAV and used the AL for my claim but I took a different approach.

After 8 years of denials and the old we cannnot locate your service medical records, I decided to do something about it. I bumped into a littel website Called Hadit.com. On that site were some really super folks that to this day are very trusted friends.

I decided to pursue my claim with the advice of these members and once I learned that a VA claim was a matter of legal precedence, I kicked it in gear. It took some more time to get it done but it did get done and I stayed away from the BVA.

I used the AL as a courier, information tool as I did all things to the RO myself.

Now the playing field for you is differrent. You have the option of bringing in a new breed of Support. The attorneys who have a license to practive VA law are now involved and the number of vets using to them is astounding.

In my opinion, who is more qualified to represent you. It is up to the veteran to decide.

:unsure:

J

Thanks for that response. It is very disturbing to hear some members who have a very good communication, while others like myself are left in the dark with an VSO that should have never been allowed to represent us. I have used the majority of opinions and resources on this site to compile my claims. I don't see the DVA VSO in my area any help once the claim has been turned in or even a appeal if it is necessary. It seems when I talk to them they don't understand why I am going against there recommendations as far as what they want to do with my claim. The reason-I learned all this information here after hours and months of researching and asking questions here. The bottom line-I feel I have more knowledge in doing this they do. I want them as a power of attorney only to pursue the claim, but they disagree on what I want to file. Stating you have no chance in hell of getting this approved. They are not the one that will be making that decision.:unsure: