VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heart Claim Cue ?

Rate this question

doogie

Question

I got my first [pulmonary insuffiency] claim denial in 1984

Reason for denial was the VA says it was congenital.I have had 3 or four denials and , one rating denial.I have got disgusted me and dropped the claim 4 times because they always wanted more evidence which they had a pile already from hospitalization in 1966 to now from hospitals and doctors.

My GOD i was in the hospital 18 time in cardiac and stroke wards in 7 years

The last denial came a month ago when i wrote the VA and and respectfully requested that they provide me with clear and unmistakable evedince that it was congenital. tHEY IMEDIATLY GOT MY ORIGIONAL INDUCTION EXAM FROM THE RECORDS CENTER

the denial letter stated that there was some evidence i did not have a bicuspid valve and that was the reason i was denied saying it was congenital

and i was never given an exam by the VA

Well! yesterday i went and got a heart scan at my heart dr and the results are going to be mailed to me.

the heart dr told me that all my valves were there [including the one the VA said wasn't there] and there was no congenital problems with my heart.

He also told me that i do have HTN heart condition and the medicine he perscribed toprol is mainly perscribed for heart pressure and heart hypertension

should i use this as evidence also or file a separate claim?

This is really getting more confusing for me,

and i am waiting for rating decision for PTSD hopefully that will go well

Does anyone here think the congenital heart thingy could be a bonified cue claim>

THANK YOU VETERANS

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Doogie, mark out your social security number and re post the document. WE dont want any eyes from the world looking at a SSN as there are way too many crapheads in the world who would like to get th eir hands on a SSN.

J

[sorry i forgot to clear ss and name thanks

No i am waiting for a rating on PTSD which is included in my heart claim first, then i hope to have all my ducks in a row

so i can follow with a CUE request or a CUE claim appeal to follow a denial which would be my next step .

I hope the rating form comes through for viewing. i certainly don't understand it

No i am waiting for a rating on PTSD which is included in my heart claim first, then i hope to have all my ducks in a row

so i can follow with a CUE request or a CUE claim appeal to follow a denial which would be my next step .

I hope the rating form comes through for viewing. i certainly don't understand it

I might have jumped on this potential CUE bandwagon WAY too fast-

Do you have a completely probative nexus (link) of the heart disease to your military service that is documented in your SMRS and/or exit physical?

I dont understand this

"No i am waiting for a rating on PTSD which is included in my heart claim first" ??? claiming the heart condition as due to the PTSD ???

Is that your nexus? DO you have a PTSD diagnosis yet?

Please disregard my prior posts-until we can see the decision.I dont see any VA medical negligence here at all but John sees something I dont see.

"and i was never given an exam by the VA" if you mean never given a C & P- that is one thing-

If you mean you have documented heart disease and the VA treats you as patient but has never treated the heart disease, that is malpractice and was the reason for my FTCA settlement.

If you can scan the decision (cover personal info) into a word or office org Doc, then you can browse for your file in the browse button under the post under "Attachments" , and attach it here.

No for some reason the VA added my PTSD claim as a addition to my pulmonary claim maybe because i was diagnosed with both at the same more than a month hospital stay in a cardiac ward and was also had psyc exam i do not know

No i was never treated after diagnosis at the PORTSMOUTH NAVAL HOSPITAL in Virginia or was i treated afteward and now i find out that it was a miss diagnosis.

The day of the diagnosis the NAVY DOCS tried to get me to take a discharge which was never explained to me what kind and i refused and served another 1 yr 9 mos

However i did go to the VA hospital 2 times and asked them too help with my heart and stroke meds and was refused

I am currently waiting on a rating for my C&P for my PTSD exam,guessi'll go from there

thank you for your info

This is a mess mess mess

• HadIt.com Elder

Doogie, the issue of an aortic insufficiency or the Bicuspid valve often results in a condition called Aortic Stenosis. In this case the AOrta becomes as small or smaller around like a pencil or smaller. I am currently working a claim for another Vet (RVN AO IHD). He had surgury last April and his valve was replaced with a Pig Valve. The old Valve was completely calcified and was really messed up.

There are 2 types. One is Congenital. The other one is Acquired. (Reumatic Fever is a Disease that causes it) (That is why they asked you this as they heard something on the exam).

You have a real big puzzle but you get this resolved, you will not need to worry about PTSD rateing. You should be 100 percent P and T.

John.