• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
kryptos

Appeal Very Nervous

Question

So i got the letter today 8 months after I filed my Nod I have to appear in Newark Nj for my DRO appeal face to face on Nov 17th, I guess that is the day i find out what is what. Wish me luck. I have more than enough evidence for my appeal confiming I have depression caused by pain, due to the fact I broke my back in 4 places while on active duty. But i shall see what happens wish me luck.....:unsure:

kryptos, Good luck. So who is going with you? Got some good evidence (new) to present? Got any IMO/IME to hand in? Just relax it is a non-threatening environment...pretty casual, but you are sworn in and it is taped. Also always request a copy of your transcript too. Just be natural and present your evidence, and be direct and not look down and sneaky like.

I personally preferred this versus just handing in evidence. I looked her in the eyes and presented all I had and you can tell when someone is genuine too. Before you know it you are all done. Then you wait some more.

I do have a letter from my primary doctor he is giving his medical opinion that my depression is caused by my pain which is caused by my service connection he has been my primary doctor since i got out of the army. I am going alone, do u think I should bring someone with me ?

I also have evidence from 3 psych drs that are treating me 2 are phd's they all preety much say the same thing in there notes depression is caused from pain due to service connection back injuries. I hope the appeal is cut and dry.

and one last question i have never done a appeal or been to a dro before and it is for depression should i change how i am like i havent shaved in 8 months what im trying to say is do i go how i am or do i have to clean my self up ?

In my opinion, I would dress and look how you normally do (jeans, collared shirt, etc). This is a review officer not a psyc dr. looking for certain signs. I think she will make her decision based on your statements and the medical evidence. You are depressed, not homeless, look how you normally do around the house. By no means go in there with a suite on and your best smelling cologne. :biggrin: I'm sure others will chime in that have more experience with review meetings.

Good luck!!!