VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Very Nervous

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

So i got the letter today 8 months after I filed my Nod I have to appear in Newark Nj for my DRO appeal face to face on Nov 17th, I guess that is the day i find out what is what. Wish me luck. I have more than enough evidence for my appeal confiming I have depression caused by pain, due to the fact I broke my back in 4 places while on active duty. But i shall see what happens wish me luck.....:unsure:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

kryptos, Good luck. So who is going with you? Got some good evidence (new) to present? Got any IMO/IME to hand in? Just relax it is a non-threatening environment...pretty casual, but you are sworn in and it is taped. Also always request a copy of your transcript too. Just be natural and present your evidence, and be direct and not look down and sneaky like.

I personally preferred this versus just handing in evidence. I looked her in the eyes and presented all I had and you can tell when someone is genuine too. Before you know it you are all done. Then you wait some more.

I do have a letter from my primary doctor he is giving his medical opinion that my depression is caused by my pain which is caused by my service connection he has been my primary doctor since i got out of the army. I am going alone, do u think I should bring someone with me ?

I also have evidence from 3 psych drs that are treating me 2 are phd's they all preety much say the same thing in there notes depression is caused from pain due to service connection back injuries. I hope the appeal is cut and dry.

and one last question i have never done a appeal or been to a dro before and it is for depression should i change how i am like i havent shaved in 8 months what im trying to say is do i go how i am or do i have to clean my self up ?

In my opinion, I would dress and look how you normally do (jeans, collared shirt, etc). This is a review officer not a psyc dr. looking for certain signs. I think she will make her decision based on your statements and the medical evidence. You are depressed, not homeless, look how you normally do around the house. By no means go in there with a suite on and your best smelling cologne. :biggrin: I'm sure others will chime in that have more experience with review meetings.

Good luck!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

This is an informal meeting. Be yourself. If you have a POA contact them and take them with you as they work in the same building as the RO.

J

Edited by jbasser