VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Under Nemeyer Rule

Rate this question

RonP

Question

I have IHD since 1993, Private medical doctor, filed claimed in 1994, many varying denials.

I have had 4 heart attacks total , coronary bypass /3 vessel and heart attack after. Private DR statement that PTSD contributed More likely than Not to my condition.

I am 100% disabled on SS.

Last cath lab ef 26, 27 ,and last C&P 28. All document submitted, medical histories for 25 years

civilian and VA I currently have a 100% rating on my heart disease with -0- compensation

I am currently receiving 50 % ptsd and 10 % tinutus.

My Question, How long will The Nemeyer group take to make a decision in my case.

Since there are about 2700 in the class, how much of an estimate in time will it take for them to work through

them all ? I am in failing strength and am concerned I will not live long enough to collect. I am 61

Thank you to any that tackle this question,

Ron Prince

Zamboanga Philippines

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit Ron. I take it you are a in country RVN Vet. If so, have you filed an IHD claim?

If you have, you should be awarded pretty quickly, But I know the Manila RO aint the Kindest one in the world.

I hope your decision comes soon. You should be rated 100 P and T plus SMC S (total plus 60)

How is the Lumpia and Ponset these days. I miss the san miguels also.Too expensive in the states.

J

Thank you so much for your valued time. Yes I was a Machinegunner, o331 front line DMZ tet. Quangtri , Pleiku, Dong Ha, never in the rear except for heat stroke evac. USMC , never had a cold beer, never saw a USO show.

Pancit is great but I live on a diet strictly of tuna, and I have one beer per month. The dollar fall is hurting all expats here, as the philippinos are having it better, they are raising prices.

I got word that the previous tough guy in Manila is gone. I hope so.

The C&P was just 10 days ago, they did not give me my met score.

Thanks Again,

Your kindness is so appreciated......Semper Semper Semper rolleyes.gif

Welcome to Hadit Ron. I take it you are a in country RVN Vet. If so, have you filed an IHD claim?

If you have, you should be awarded pretty quickly, But I know the Manila RO aint the Kindest one in the world.

I hope your decision comes soon. You should be rated 100 P and T plus SMC S (total plus 60)

How is the Lumpia and Ponset these days. I miss the san miguels also.Too expensive in the states.

J

There are MANY more than 2700 vets and widows in the Nehmer Class Action:

source: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/2010-6549.htm

"Veteran Caseload and Obligations for Retroactive Benefits

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retroactive

Presumptive conditions Caseload payments

($000's)

Ischemic Heart Disease.......................... 54,926 $7,837,369

Parkinson's Disease............................. 2,042 568,920

Hairy Cell/B Cell Leukemia...................... 4,641 1,209,586

-----------------------

Total....................................... 61,609 9,615,875

------------------------------------

Survivor Caseload and Obligations for Retroactive Benefits

Retroactive

($000's)

Ischemic Heart Disease.......................... 13,420 $2,040,418

Parkinson's Disease............................. 527 123,284

Hairy Cell/B Cell Leukemia...................... 2,165 506,470

-----------------------

Total......................................... 16,112 2,670,173

Recurring Veteran and Survivor Payments" ====an estimate of future claims- available at the link.

"filed claimed in 1994, many varying denials."

If the VA denied you for IHD (which it appears they did but gave you 100% rating)

NVLSP would like to hear from you and they have a few questions they would like you t answer and submit to them.

NVLSP National Veterans Legal Services Program - is the law firm (PRO BONO) who would the Beverly Nehmer Class Action Case.

The earliest retro date under Nehmer is enhanced by dates of any prior claims filed for heart disease (IHD) that VA denied for all incountry Vietnam and Korean vets who fit into the Korean Vets AO regs.

It doesn't matter how you claimed the IHD.

I claimed my husband's IHD was due to his PTSD contributing and that claim was denied.I was awarded under Section 1151 in 1998 for his death due to IHD and then awarded last year due to misdiagnosed DMII AO causing his death.

I have claim pending now for accrued SMC due to IHD and secondary CVAs causing his death.

My Nov 3rd post in this topic will give the email addy for NVLSP:

I had no idea there were so many claims. My first cardio problem was 1993

Va was aware in 94

I asked about Nemeyer because of the date of the agent orange exam.

I was referred there for Ptsd from my civilian HMO Psychiatrist and Cardiologist.

I do not actually know if I am in the caseload, but by guessing on the initial exam which I have a copy of.

I do not know If IHD was requested at that time, but PTSD evaluation was, and the Dr submitted the letter. PTSD was MORE Likely than not to have contributed to my Ischemic Heart disease.

In 1997 I moved to the Philippines when my civilian coverage ran out and the VA started providing duplicate meds for my heart disease. I filed a claim,was denied but given 100% w -0- compensation. I just had my second C&P for IHD, and my VA caediologist has been somewhat hard nosed and said I was not so bad. The previous VA C&P came in at 41 to 42 EF with 35 mets.

The new C&P said this must have been an error as the civillian recored showed 26, 27, and the new VA finding was EF 28, but no mention of mets. Te Dr at the hospital said this must have been a mis judgement by the previous tech doing the test. They brought the tests up side by side.and were virtually the same.

The Dr at that hospital told me the EF 28 and said she was sorry for the previous report 3.5 years ago.

I am deteriating, more dizziness, off balance, falling and the VA wont offer any suggested treatment, just says , your not doing so bad....

Thank you for your support, I 'll just get at the end of the line and hope there is some left by the time I get there LOL .

RON P

There are MANY more than 2700 vets and widows in the Nehmer Class Action:

source: http://edocket.acces...0/2010-6549.htm

"Veteran Caseload and Obligations for Retroactive Benefits

Retroactive

($000's)

Ischemic Heart Disease.......................... 54,926 $7,837,369

Parkinson's Disease............................. 2,042 568,920

Hairy Cell/B Cell Leukemia...................... 4,641 1,209,586

-----------------------

Total....................................... 61,609 9,615,875

------------------------------------

Survivor Caseload and Obligations for Retroactive Benefits

Retroactive

($000's)

Ischemic Heart Disease.......................... 13,420 $2,040,418

Parkinson's Disease............................. 527 123,284

Hairy Cell/B Cell Leukemia...................... 2,165 506,470

-----------------------

Total......................................... 16,112 2,670,173

Recurring Veteran and Survivor Payments" ====an estimate of future claims- available at the link.

"filed claimed in 1994, many varying denials."

If the VA denied you for IHD (which it appears they did but gave you 100% rating)

NVLSP would like to hear from you and they have a few questions they would like you t answer and submit to them.

NVLSP National Veterans Legal Services Program - is the law firm (PRO BONO) who would the Beverly Nehmer Class Action Case.

The earliest retro date under Nehmer is enhanced by dates of any prior claims filed for heart disease (IHD) that VA denied for all incountry Vietnam and Korean vets who fit into the Korean Vets AO regs.

It doesn't matter how you claimed the IHD.

I claimed my husband's IHD was due to his PTSD contributing and that claim was denied.I was awarded under Section 1151 in 1998 for his death due to IHD and then awarded last year due to misdiagnosed DMII AO causing his death.

I have claim pending now for accrued SMC due to IHD and secondary CVAs causing his death.

My Nov 3rd post in this topic will give the email addy for NVLSP:

"PTSD was MORE Likely than not to have contributed to my Ischemic Heart disease."

Did you formally file a heart disease claim at that time?

"I do not know If IHD was requested at that time"

"currently have a 100% rating on my heart disease with -0- compensation"

That would be a NSC rating and the new AO rating should be 100% SC as well. And as John said with SMC too.

Whether you were denied for IHD in the past or not-the date of the NSC rating might well be your retro date under Nehmer.