VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Expect For Ptsd C&p St.louis

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

Hello I have been fighting for my PTSD rating since my return in 2004.......Finally I have a C&P examination for PTSD next week on the 17th.

My question is what to expect, what questions will they ask me, etc? I like to be prepared and I am nervous as hell as I have not been able to work becuse of my PTSD for the last two yrs...I have so much riding on this and we are close to going over the edge.

Also my wife will not be able to be there.....should she write a letter?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Hello, IraqVet, and thank you for your service.

Here is a post many have found helpful in preparing for any C&P:

http://www.hadit.com/thingstodoatcandp.html

A statement from your wife can be helpful and brought as additional evidence. Some info on spousal statment from elsewhere which may be helpful:

"Make yourself a list about him: His daily routines, what makes him angry, how he responds to changes in plans, how he reacts to confrontation, how he handles stressful situations like traffic jams and being cut off by other drivers, how physically active he is, what meds he is on now, any changes and problems with meds, therapy, doctor appts, the VA. Does he keep appointments?How does he treat you and others now? How has his personality changed? How does he spend his free time? Does he want to work full time? What job area does he want and why cant he do that kind of work? How does he handle money now? Any compulsions or debt problems? Does he take care of himself now? Does he exercise too much or eat too much or too little? Does he have symptoms of depression? List them all, or go to a depression website to get a list of symptoms you can use in your letter. Does he smoke now or do drugs or pain killers now? Does he drink too much? What music does he listen to now, at what volume? Has he lost friends since he returned? Do you see him abusing himself or others? Give examples. Detail everything. "

More excellent information from Carlie and LarryJ in this post:

I wish you well! :smile: