VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2Nd C&p For Ptsd

Rate this question

pigdriver

Question

Hi All,

Need some advise from my brothers and sisters. In March this year I received my award letter, 70% PTSD, 10% hearing and 10% tinnitus, part of the text in the award letter recommended I apply for IU due to certain statements included in my PTSD exam results by the examining MD regarding my past employment problems; I had 15 different employers between 2003 and 2008. The VARO ordered a second C&P for both hearing and PTSD. Audio examiner told me severe loss right ear and profound loss left ear, thats a positive. The PTSD C&P is scheduled 12/02/10 and is with a civilian MD not a VA examiner. Why would they order this with a civilian MD? There will be examination of my employability during this exam. My wife tells me I am getting worse not better; I still take all the meds including the "do not kill pills" and see two shrinks every month and have therapy on a regular basis. If anyone has been through this IU process please tell me what to expect and will this C&P be any different then the first one?

I honestly think chasing "charlie" in the jungles and highlands of Vietnam was a lot easier then dealing with the VARO!!!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Because not all doctors are idiots some actually do care, the doc has no say in what the VA raters do, the fact that he indicated that he supports the TDIU is good as long as that is what actually ends up on the report the VARO has a way of making things mean opposite than what reports actually state, never believe anything until you see it in writing and I trust them more after I see the money in the bank my GAFs were 30 and 35 for more than 3 years before they raised me from 50% to 100% I have never done an in patient program either mainly because they refused to admit me to the domicillary I think you will get the TDIU personally I think they should just rate you 100% P&T and be done with it most vets rated TDIU for PTSD should be granted the 100% rating it would also help if you can get your doctor to state that they do not think you will ever improve to become employable again so you can get the P&T rating hell given your age they should do that after age 55 none of us will likely ever find a job again none paying more than minimum wage heck Wal Mart can only hire so many door greeters