VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Dropped!

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

I was told that my PTSD claim was dropped because I didnt respond to correspondence from the VA in a timely manner. I NEVER received these! I asked that my claim be reopened because I never received the notices. This was about 2 weeks ago, nothing yet. What should I do?

Edited by ranger11bv

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Oh, the cruel irony of the VA. They blast from the mountaintops how they're bending over backward to help PTSD vets, but they can't grasp the concept that a person with PTSD might miss a deadline or lose a piece of paper. That doesn't even begin to take into account the way that they constantly lose papers (even with the Delivery Confirmation and/or Signature Confirmation) but won't admit that they often don't actually mail notices to the correct address.

Sorry this happened to you. I'd cry, too.

I agree. I believe the reason they have time limits is to screw Veterans. They don't have to prove anything to you, but you have to prove it to them. Even if you don't know how the system works, they don't cut you any slack.

• HadIt.com Elder

A Serious question, Did the VA give the DAV the same info they sent you?

Check the Mailing address they have on you. Dont tell them why because if it is wrong they will fix it and you will be screwed.

The DAV is supposed to assist you in this, are they?

J