VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied!

Rate this question

DiEsMiTtY

Question

Ok I was denied for tinnitus and hearing loss. I am curious on how to proceed. In my denial letter it states that my records are silent for complaints. Well I was released from active duty upon returning from overseas. A couple of months later I was in the VA. Well when I went I wasnt assigned a Primary care doctor, and I was only seen in the Mental Health Clinic. THe made appointments for a Nurse to see me in the MHC but I was never assigned. I complained to my head shrinker about the ringing in my ears. I was leafing through my treatment records and I found where it is noted as a complaint can I use this and some buddy letters to confirm I have tinnitus and hearing loss. Attached is my evidence I found, my original CnP exam, and my denial letter, my denial makes reference to a CnP exam in october but this was were the doc opined without me being there I do not have that CnP yet.

post-8820-0-57502600-1289434035_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-43511100-1289434048_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-62566300-1289434108_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-93177800-1289434165_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-18138100-1289434211_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-80890600-1289434309_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-53429500-1289434387_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-31066400-1289434402_thumb.jp

post-8820-0-94779200-1289434410_thumb.jp

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

6 answers to this question

Ok I was denied for tinnitus and hearing loss. I am curious on how to proceed. In my denial letter it states that my records are silent for complaints. Well I was released from active duty upon returning from overseas. A couple of months later I was in the VA. Well when I went I wasnt assigned a Primary care doctor, and I was only seen in the Mental Health Clinic. THe made appointments for a Nurse to see me in the MHC but I was never assigned. I complained to my head shrinker about the ringing in my ears. I was leafing through my treatment records and I found where it is noted as a complaint can I use this and some buddy letters to confirm I have tinnitus and hearing loss. Attached is my evidence I found, my original CnP exam, and my denial letter, my denial makes reference to a CnP exam in october but this was were the doc opined without me being there I do not have that CnP yet.

I agree with Carlie, you will need a nexus. I recomend that you inform the Audiologist of your reasons and provide a copy of the SOC as well as anything from your service medical record.

JMO,

Bergie

What was your career field? You need to show where and how you were exposed to noise that would cause you to have hearing loss/tinnitus.

I was rated 10% for tinnitis, because the VA conceded that I was in combat; therefore exposed to noise that created a nexus. I was denied hearing loss claim though. I didn't pursue it anymore after being granted IU. I've heard you really have to be almost deaf before they will grant for hearing loss, at least thats the concensus of what I've found. Good luck.

/doc

You should have had an entrance exam that included a hearing test. When you got out you should have had an exit exam, if it shows that your hearing suffered while you were in. The VA will SC and rate it per the hearing loss %. Really quite simple but it does have to be in writing.

Ok so I am goig to get a IMO from a audiologist. I had a entrance exam yes. But no exit exam, the marine Corp demobilized very fast in late 2003. I was in motor transport and they conceded both but basically from my understanding I don't have any evidence for them to connect all the dots. I was hopping that the progress note from 04 would help back up my claim for tinnitus atleast.