VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chance Meeting

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

this may be in the wrong spot and if it is, i do apologize.....

tonite while sitting @ my daughter's dance class, i was talking with another mom and found out we were both cops stationed @ ramstein together. she came in about 5 months b4 i left. when i told her my name, her jaw dropped and she literally gasped. she said, "omg! i know who u are! i heard what happened to u!" absolutely ashamed, i wanted to cry. it felt as if it had just happened all over again. i fought back the tears and started focusing on what else she was saying. she told me that the flt chiefs used my trauma as an example for others & it was also used to help get better/safer dorms. for once, just once, that brief moment in time i felt as if my horrible nightmare actually had a positive outcome. i paid a high price for the safety of others. i dont know if it was karma that brought us together tonite or what but i am happy that i had the chance to speak to someone who was there all these years later. oh, and it doesnt hurt that she told me the miserable bitch of a 2nd lt who took my career did the same thing to several other airmen while there. she got hers in the end. she took the 377th, a once proud squadron, and made it a 3 ring circus.

i felt i had to share this story with u all in hopes that one day u will (if not already) find ur silver lining, too. this chance meeting today did my heart good :smile: more than that mom will ever know!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

tonite while sitting @ my daughter's dance class, i was talking with another mom and found out we were both cops stationed @ ramstein together. she came in about 5 months b4 i left. when i told her my name, her jaw dropped and she literally gasped. she said, "omg! i know who u are! i heard what happened to u!" absolutely ashamed, i wanted to cry. it felt as if it had just happened all over again. i fought back the tears and started focusing on what else she was saying. she told me that the flt chiefs used my trauma as an example for others & it was also used to help get better/safer dorms. for once, just once, that brief moment in time i felt as if my horrible nightmare actually had a positive outcome. i paid a high price for the safety of others. i dont know if it was karma that brought us together tonite or what but i am happy that i had the chance to speak to someone who was there all these years later. oh, and it doesnt hurt that she told me the miserable bitch of a 2nd lt who took my career did the same thing to several other airmen while there. she got hers in the end. she took the 377th, a once proud squadron, and made it a 3 ring circus.

i felt i had to share this story with u all in hopes that one day u will (if not already) find ur silver lining, too. this chance meeting today did my heart good :smile: more than that mom will ever know!

They say the world is a small place, and this is the proof...

Take care,

Bergie

Yes, I believe in " angels unaware". They are so many of them just walking around on this earth and no one recognizes them, but they are here for a purpose!

What a touching moment!

rockman

she said, "omg! i know who u are! i heard what happened to u!" absolutely ashamed, i wanted to cry. it felt as if it had just happened all over again. i fought back the tears and started focusing on what else she was saying. she told me that the flt chiefs used my trauma as an example for others & it was also used to help get better/safer dorms. for once, just once, that brief moment in time i felt as if my horrible nightmare actually had a positive outcome. i paid a high price for the safety of others.

clw,

I had something similar but it wasn't from AD.

Mine happened at a VAMC (Bay Pines).

I have never been told yet that it helped out other vets

but in my heart I'm sure it has.

When we find out that some of the results of our suffering has actually paved the way

for changes to be made that benefits others - it's a good feeling, kind of like a little

validation for what we suffered through.

Even though DOD & VA might not come out and admit that something happened,

we know that in fact - if something had not really happened, then they would not

implement any changes.

Even though you had to suffer extra - thanks for standing tall - it helped those

that came behind you.