VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Really Beginning To Wonder?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I am really beginning to wonder what is up with these IHD awards and money in the bank. Many of the vets if not all that I am reading about filed in Jan. 2010 I also am reading where many vets not just me are concerned because of the fact they filed in Oct. 09

Any comments or explanation?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I can't explain it, but I filed on oct 13 on the internet. My claim was handled in the Nashville Tn office. I guess it depends a lot on the ro and their case loads. I predicted that my claim would be paid on 11/11 but was only guessing and sure enough it happened. Just hang in there it will happen soon (I hope)

Yep the RO is a factor as well as the documentation you presented. Make sure you have a physician diagnose you as well as treatments you have received, ie medications. Length of time you were diagnosed, any other ailments associated with it...check with your vso if you have one. Did you personally send in the Dr statements? Or someone else?

Only thing you can look forward to, I guess, is when it is granted, you will get a bigger retro, I know that is not really what you want to hear, but with the VA one never knows how fast they will move on it.

Call the 1-800-827-1000 I know the call center is not favorable, but at least they can tell you where your claim is at as far as department...they never tell you of award or not or % granted or not, but can fax you a copy of award if one is made...I have done this a few times with VERY favorable results for some vets.

Remember if no decision has been made yet, they can fill you in on that.

Hope your wait is shortened, and please post when you receive it! GOOD LUCK!:rolleyes:halos2

• HadIt.com Elder

One of the "reasons" is that those using the new claims process are decided and awarded faster than the process in place as of October 09.

I am really beginning to wonder what is up with these IHD awards and money in the bank. Many of the vets if not all that I am reading about filed in Jan. 2010 I also am reading where many vets not just me are concerned because of the fact they filed in Oct. 09

Any comments or explanation?

I filed in November 2009 with a stack of test results and letters from my cardiologist. I have IHD, CAD since 1991 and a heart attack in 2001. My EF% is 45. I went for my VA C&P in January 2010 and got a copy of the results which totally agree with my cardiologist that I have IHD CAD. I have now developed Chronic Congestive Heart Failure which I got my cardiologist to fill out the VAs new IHD form showing that along with everything else. I have found that my claim is at the Nehmer group in South Carolina. I was also told my claim has not been reviewed or rated. I was denied for CAD in 2004 related to AO and also sent a copy of that to them. I have had no contact from the VA unless I sent an IRIS inquiry. I am in Nashville, TN. I am a life member of the DAV and have them as my advocate. I send stuff to them also as I send it to the VA and they also forward info to the VA. It all seems cut and dry to me according to all I read and have seen in the CFR. I don't understand why this is taking so long. Why has it not ebven been reviewed. Any ideas or suggestions that may help me to move this along or understand what is happening. I can no longer work and can really use the additional funds.

getting really frustrated on waiting. Kinda want to re-file on line with the new fast track to see if that will happen quicker.

Bob

Some of the reasons it takes so long is a. input of information into the VA System(s)

b. experience of the VA Clerk

c. Large Retro awards have to be signed off by a GS-11

Take a look at the attached and see how much info has to be entered on your claim and the different systems they have.

Anybody care to guess as to the time it takes to input one claim??

I'm as anxious as everyone else to get adjudicated....

NehmerTrainingGuide1.txt