VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab And Dental

Rate this question

VET4LIFE

Question

What type of dental care does VA VocRehab provide. I was told by my counselor that VA VocRehab only provides minimal dental care. It was explained if I had a bad tooth the VA would pull it out instead of fix it with a filling or route canal. Is this true?

Thanky You my fellow Vets

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Your VocRehab counselor is right. They will only see you in dental from VocRehab if it is a dental emergency. You know what that means yank the problem out; no more emergency. I was in VocRehab a few years ago, and had a tooth pulled; when all that had happened was the filling had come out and i needed replacement. Good Luck What are you rated?

/doc

When I was in voc rehab I got the best dental care possible. I had to go in for general surgery where I had extractions, but these were not savable teeth...then the dentist gave me 5 crowns, and 2 filings and 2 partials. He bent over backwards trying to save what teeth he could save for me. Wonderful dentist and the best dental assistant too!

When I was in voc rehab I got the best dental care possible. I had to go in for general surgery where I had extractions, but these were not savable teeth...then the dentist gave me 5 crowns, and 2 filings and 2 partials. He bent over backwards trying to save what teeth he could save for me. Wonderful dentist and the best dental assistant too!