VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help What Do I Do

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

I have a DRO review tomorrow but a service officer just called me and said the DRO said we should postpone the hearing because he is gonna order up a exam for me to go to. the appeal is for Depression secondary to chronic pain. what do i do not go to the hearing or go. here is the message i recived from the service officer

"This message is for Joshua Hill. My name is Joe Buck service officer with the New Jersey Department of Veterans Affairs. Calling in reference to your schedule. DRO hearing schedule for tomorrow afternoon. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience. My number here is 973-297-3230. The gentleman who were scheduled to have the hearing with Asked me to contact you and explain you that he is going to set you up for an exam at that we should postpone the hearing tomorrow and till we get the results of that exam. He said he may be able to go ahead and service connect you based on the results of the exam to be setting up. Please give me a call. My number is 973-297-3230. Take care. Bye "

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

kryptos,

I am sooooo glad you went for the scheduled hearing.

Never miss a hearing or a C&P exam.

It's like this - you got a letter from the VBA stating - your hearing is

scheduled for XX/XX/XXXX at 00:00 hrs.

Some yahoo calls up and says you don't need to go to the hearing.

NO WAY JOSE' - go to the hearing - at least then they can not say,

claim issues denied - veteran failed to attend scheduled hearing

and provided no prior notice.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree never miss a meeting or an exam if you do they can deny on the basis of the missed appt I don't trust verbal statements made over the phone or even in person I want it in writing and I trust them a lot more after I see the check

as Reagan said trust but verify