VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Distrubing Letter From Qtc

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I received a letter from QTC today that has me very upset. The letter states, "The following findings deom your recent C&P medical evaluation is being provided for you information and should be addressed by your own Physician." It goes on to list Urine Test, EKG, Blood Work (Checked), X-Ray Chest (Checked). Then in Big Bold letters it states, "Although this testing was performed for the purpose of rating your VA claim, it is important you seek medical follow-up with your own physician." QTC then regrets that this is the only information they can provide. QTC then tells me to call the 1-800-827-1000 number for more information. I usually have pretty goood luck, but today when I call I only get directions, my check has been deposited, etc. Should I be worried about this letter, or is this a letter everyone gets?

Papa

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you have a copy of the C&P results; I would take a copy of it to my PCP and discuss it with him/her. Don't panic. Lab test have certain values and it could be that you are below or above those values in certain areas, it is required for them to let you know you need to follow up on that.

• HadIt.com Elder

No it appears that QTC is advising you to seek follow up treatment as the tests or their exam indicate that you require treatment. It is not a routine letter and in my opinion you should follow up. The VA does not allow for C&P to provide you with medical advice.

Good Luck go see your Doc as soon as you can

I agree.

This is a good thing- as the C & P doctor saw something that needs attention.

It could be a minor problem or something that-with proper treatment-could stave off something serious.

It could even be something they are already treating you for and the C & P doctor wanted to make sure.

I wish more C & P docs were this observant.Pete is right that they are limited to the claimed conditions and only provide a C & P opinion but some probably could save lives too, when they see something that needs further attention.

Hey Papa,

I had a very simular event several months ago, I had gone in for IHD examine and they did some chest x-rays. A few weeks later I received a letter from QTC that tells me my back is messed up and i need to see my primary care doctor. They said they couldn't go into detail, but I should speak with my regular doctor about the issue.

Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) and high glucose. This could be a lot of things.

Papa