VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Distrubing Letter From Qtc

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I received a letter from QTC today that has me very upset. The letter states, "The following findings deom your recent C&P medical evaluation is being provided for you information and should be addressed by your own Physician." It goes on to list Urine Test, EKG, Blood Work (Checked), X-Ray Chest (Checked). Then in Big Bold letters it states, "Although this testing was performed for the purpose of rating your VA claim, it is important you seek medical follow-up with your own physician." QTC then regrets that this is the only information they can provide. QTC then tells me to call the 1-800-827-1000 number for more information. I usually have pretty goood luck, but today when I call I only get directions, my check has been deposited, etc. Should I be worried about this letter, or is this a letter everyone gets?

Papa

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Actually, the letter is a disclaimer to release QTC from liablity. If your blood pressure was high and they did not send the letter and you had a stroke, they would be open for a law suit. If you went for a heart condition and they did not tell you to seek treatment they could be sued if you fell dead. It is common practice. You can get the result from the Region Office through the Freedom of Information Act.

Papa, this was how we found out E had a low testosterone level. When they drew blood for one of his early C&P exams this discrepancy showed up and the PCP requested more tests so he was originally placed on shots. He was referred back to his PCP so I think they did you a big favor (maybe not realizing it!). Either way, at least you know you have potential problem. Good luck

Carolyn

My husband got a letter from QTC also after his C & P for his IHD claim advising him to follow up with his primary. Some of the things mentioned we were aware of like hypertension, others had to be addressed by primary doc. Scared us a bit, but everything turned out okay. I'm happy they are sending notices like that to apprise Vets of possible problems.

Lorraine

Have you ever wanted to punch some one in the nose? Here, I was under the impression that I was on my death bed because my Platelet count was low. The normal range is 130-400, mine is 129. I'm no Doctor, but that should not be that alarming, or am I mistaken?

Papa