Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
Lorraine

For What It's Worth

Question

My VietNam Vet checked his ebenfits page on the 13th and it stated that his claim for IHD and Diabetes type II was CLOSED. Since he did NOT file a claim that included Diabetes type II, I called to see about the CLOSED status and the diabetes claim. I was told from the call center that the IHD claim has NOT been closed, has no idea why his ebenfits page would say that, probably because it's a new system; but, she would notifify her supervisor. When I asked about the diabetes claim, she said that must have been a typo!! Oh boy. She further went on to say that " the President has requested that these three new presumptive claims be decided within two months" and that we'd probably be receiving a letter "soon." This was the first I've heard of the request from the President-anybody else been told that?

Lorraine

Huh?

I haven't heard anything like that-

I have heard that the checks are being sent out week by week-and that Secretary Shenseki wants these claims awarded ASAP.

If the vet can use the Fast Track system- that might speed them up and if the vet has sent to VA either the new C & P (if they have private cardio care and they had their private doc fill it out) or has sent to VA any significant evidence of IHD (such as METS and/or ECH0) and copies of any med recs that clearly state the veteran as IHD-then this too can help these claims go faster.

I sent them all of above evidence in Aug but now they claim they don't have it.( sent to my regular AOJ)

So I am sending it all again to the RO that IRIS told me has my other IHD claim.

Many new AO claims (regardless of te regular AOJ) are being handled in Philadelphia or Togus and maybe in a few more ROs where they are being focused on for faster decisions.

Ad

Berta-

Good grief- they are saying YOU(of All people) didn't send in the paper work?? Give me a break. What a joke. The reply from the call center about the President requesting these three new presumptive claims being decided in two months made me laugh out loud. Honestly, do they just make this stuff on the spot? What will be, will be.

Lorraine

I did get a contact VSM person in Phila via IRIS so when I copied all this stuff for them again-

I put in the cover letter ,sent directly to the VSM, describing the Exhibits I had enclosed- a link to my H VAC testimony during Shreddergate ( 53 USPS tracking slips of 6 years of evidence VA never considered at all which I believed they destroyed or somehow lost it all.)

The claim that all regarded took 7 years until it was resolved.Yet the evidence could have awarded it in 2 years or less.

This has been the story for every single claim I ever had.

Even my malpractice claim.

If civil lawyers or civil litigants lost or destroyed evidence like the VA does-our justice system would be in shambles.

GOLLEEEEE!! By now I SHOULD be somewhat desensitized to hearing of the way VA sabotages claims, but clearly I'm not as this blows me away. Thank heavens you are so savvy with working through this crazy system and manage to beat them at their own game. My vivid imagination has VA computers lighting up with WARNING!!, WARNING!! - here's another claim from Berta, where's the shredder???

I've mailed 45 packages of documents to the VA since I filed my claim in August 2009 and I still don't know how many of the documents got into my file. However, I do have printouts of USPS delivery confirmation on all of them, not that it means the documents were filed or even read. I'll give the VA the benefit of the doubt until I learn otherwise. I'm still waiting for a response from my Senator's veterans caseworker as to status on my claim after I asked him for assistance because I was not able to get a response from the VA. My claim involved both prostate cancer and hairy cell leukemia so I assumed the VA was holding it on stay until the new reg became effective November 1, 2010. Had I been smart, I would have filed a claim when I was first diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer in 2005. Had I known I would have residual side effects from the radiation, I would have filed then, but I wasn't as knowledgeable then about VA ratings as I am now. My claim is an example of what can happen when the VA Regional Office in your home state transfers the development to a VA Regional office in another state and months later, forgets that it had been transferred. Social Security Administration now processes all disability claims electronically, including medical evidence, so it is virtually impossible to lose a claim because all the evidence can be accessed by any authorized employee. Prior to going all electronic, there were files falling through the cracks now and then. 15 months later, I'm still waiting.