VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heart Disease And Ptsd ** TRIGGERS **

Rate this question

RonP

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

http://www.medicalne...cles/208358.php

I picked this up to day....I will use it as an evidence statement

Ron Prince

Ron,

You submitting this as a "evidence statement" will carry little or NO weight

in the adjudication of your claim issues.

N

ow if you can get a doctor to submit it and provide a written opinion that

the evidence in this article is relative to you and your disability's, that might help some.

In my opinion - medical treaties relate to the public in general and do not relate

to the specific vet.

At least that's what the VBA states.

JMHO

Thanks so much for your input, my Dr wrote a letter about PTSD more likely than not caused my Ischemic Heart Disease. I only have a 50 % rating on PTSD and they, the VA just sent me to a private shrink for evaluation. This is right after I had an AO IHD C&P exam , 2 weeks apart.

She says I have to see her again before xmas and every month thereafter. She also said I could not travel alone any more and had to have my wife or a companion with me at all times outside the house or traveling.

I live in a very violent area of the Philippines and soldiers and hueys are flying 8 times a day over my house. No need to say flash back, it is flashing forward LOL.

Any way, just my 2 cents but thanks for the advice. I was sent there to see if I could join a group therapy group, but she would not let me as she said it would be to stressful.

My heart she said was not in good enough shape, 28 was my las EF.

Thank you

Ron

Ron,

N

the evidence in this article is relative to you and your disability's, that might help some.

In my opinion - medical treaties relate to the public in general and do not relate

to the specific vet.

JMHO

"my Dr wrote a letter about PTSD more likely than not caused my Ischemic Heart Disease"

If you are incountry-Vietnam- then you have a valid IHD claim without trying to associate it to PTSD.

However some claims of PTSD causing heart disease have succeeded.

Did the doc follow the IMO criteria here at hadit and did they give a full medical rationale for that statement?

Are they a Cardiologist or a psychiatrist?

Have you requested a copy of the C & P results yet?

"My heart she said was not in good enough shape, 28 was my las EF."

Does the VA have copy of this ECHO report?

My Cardiologist wrote the letter in 2003 when I had my va exam for agent orange.

The VA would only accept a claim for ptsd

I was given 100% disability by ssi

but va gave me 50 % ptsd without a full exam. the exam was in the cafeteria at a table and lasted 10 minutes.

When I moved to the Philippines a Psychologist gave me an exam for 45 minutes, but asked me no questions.

He just talked , trying to provoke me, I remained composed, as I did not want to loose my temper, as I was told if I did they would

lock me up. At the very end hes asked one question as I was clenching my teeth and my knuckles were white, He asked, "are You Angry"

I said hell yess and I think your an xxxxxxx. He said we were done. You can go now, his finger was on the panic button now in each Psych office.

I left without talking and that was that. I was applying for an increase in my PTSD rating, it was denied, I challenged and said he was a lyer, he was a contract Psychologist.

The appeal was denied. I was given a psychiatrist that was about 22 years old. I told him he did not know sh__and to stick it. I have been told to go every 6 months to see him, I tell him the same thing. They have now assigned me an outside Psychiatrist MD that knows PTSD, studied in the US. She had me in tears for two hours. She knew all the buttons to push, a very thorough exam, and she said I could no longer travel or be alone. I was contemplating suicide and described my method. I have bad skin cancer to the bone and the VA refused to cut it out with denied claim for cloracne.

I went home and cut it out with a razor blade whike my wife watched, and I hovered the blade on my juglar. I paused and asked my wife if the cut looked ok, and she said let me take you to the hospital to get it sewn up.She grabbed the razor blade hand and said lets go. So I guess you can say she stopped me. So the new Psy DR, knows this and she said I had to bring my wife with me to verify all I told her. She noticed I had tremors in my hands and asked for how long and I said about a year. I was 18 and 19 my years in viet nam.I was a front line DMZ machinegunner 0331 MOS and went on many kitty haws to Khesanh, Pleiku , quang TRI was based 1000 yards from the DMZ guarding a bridge, and doing ambushes. This is all written down and signed by me. I shot a marine asleep on guard duty, that was high on heroin. I was arrested the next day as the camp was attacked by sappers the night I came back from ambush and he was asleep. The next morning MP'S came and hand cuffed me, I was taken to the captains tent, and he said he was going to fix my dumb ass. The sent me to Ekuska Japan for 3 months mental ward loaded up on thorazine, I was busted to private, then the sent me back to the NAM same unit 1st batallion 26th Marines Charlie Company. The military now denies this never happened, about 1/3 of the platoon was stoned on Heroin the night the sappers came. Much loss of life, and hand to hand combat. Iwas there in TET

The government says there are no records of this, the man I shot lived, I'm sure he remembers me

My dd214 shows brig time and I was raped in the brig, I have a scar on my anus from the shive they stuck up it first.

No report was filed. I never told anyone except the PSY DR and you here. I feel better it is out noe, relieved, but the war is my damage, is my dreams.

I'm sorry, but I must close now, I know you understand my pain. Thank you fro your concern.

Bless you and yours. You help more people than you know, God bless you and yours.

"my Dr wrote a letter about PTSD more likely than not caused my Ischemic Heart Disease"

If you are incountry-Vietnam- then you have a valid IHD claim without trying to associate it to PTSD.

However some claims of PTSD causing heart disease have succeeded.

Did the doc follow the IMO criteria here at hadit and did they give a full medical rationale for that statement?

Are they a Cardiologist or a psychiatrist?

"My heart she said was not in good enough shape, 28 was my las EF."

The Psych DR has the letter and reference he quoted by a va study.

Are they a Cardiologist or a psychiatrist? MD + Psychiatrist

The doc (Cardiologist, head of Department) did not know of any criteria at that time, i do not believe there was one in 93

No, I just got back from the Psych doctor

"My heart she said was not in good enough shape, 28 was my las EF." for group therapy of other vets

The va has a side by side echo of the last and the old, the Dr, that gave the new exam referenced an error the technician made, when she brought up the two side by side.and noted it to the other technician doing the current exam. The Psych Dr, knows nothing and was totally in the dark, I handed her 532 pages of documents and history for the last 30 years.

The Outside Dr at the VA they brought in special, more than likely has it for the Ordered C&P

Do not know yet, I assume they do as they ordered the 2 d echo.

I remembered none of this until 1993, after a quad bypass and woke up cursing my wife and Doctors for saving me. I was ther for a month on Morphine, and it all came back. I told this to the shrink.

I am not trying to hustle anyone, this is the way it was for me, If you ask what I was doing between 1969 and 1988 I cannot tell you....I remember bare glimpses of life. Jobs, wives girlfriends, Hell I could be gay for all I know, but my xwife says no....a relief to me, no intended slam on anyone..

I am just waiting for the chips to fall.

I reached a point that I just do not care about it any more, 7 years of hell trying to get the VA to do something other than lip service has exhausted me, and my heart is in bad shape. The civilian Dr's say I only have a few months left, but they have been saying that since 1993...I'm still here. and every few months, they say the same thing. No one I know has any idea of what it is like to be told that, one foot in the grave and one doing a tap dance at VA.....It is no way to exist or live.

Thank you for all the kind words from everyone. I may not have done this right, I put confidence in a VA Rep to do it all the right way, but he wont even return an email any more.

So I'm just a waiting for the breeze to pass me by. Thats all folks, said the famous Porky pig.......

My Cardiologist wrote the letter in 2003 when I had my va exam for agent orange.

The VA would only accept a claim for ptsd

I was given 100% disability by ssi

but va gave me 50 % ptsd without a full exam. the exam was in the cafeteria at a table and lasted 10 minutes.

When I moved to the Philippines a Psychologist gave me an exam for 45 minutes, but asked me no questions.

He just talked , trying to provoke me, I remained composed, as I did not want to loose my temper, as I was told if I did they would

lock me up. At the very end hes asked one question as I was clenching my teeth and my knuckles were white, He asked, "are You Angry"

I said hell yess and I think your an xxxxxxx. He said we were done. You can go now, his finger was on the panic button now in each Psych office.

I left without talking and that was that. I was applying for an increase in my PTSD rating, it was denied, I challenged and said he was a lyer, he was a contract Psychologist.

The appeal was denied. I was given a psychiatrist that was about 22 years old. I told him he did not know sh__and to stick it. I have been told to go every 6 months to see him, I tell him the same thing. They have now assigned me an outside Psychiatrist MD that knows PTSD, studied in the US. She had me in tears for two hours. She knew all the buttons to push, a very thorough exam, and she said I could no longer travel or be alone. I was contemplating suicide and described my method. I have bad skin cancer to the bone and the VA refused to cut it out with denied claim for cloracne.

I went home and cut it out with a razor blade whike my wife watched, and I hovered the blade on my juglar. I paused and asked my wife if the cut looked ok, and she said let me take you to the hospital to get it sewn up.She grabbed the razor blade hand and said lets go. So I guess you can say she stopped me. So the new Psy DR, knows this and she said I had to bring my wife with me to verify all I told her. She noticed I had tremors in my hands and asked for how long and I said about a year. I was 18 and 19 my years in viet nam.I was a front line DMZ machinegunner 0331 MOS and went on many kitty haws to Khesanh, Pleiku , quang TRI was based 1000 yards from the DMZ guarding a bridge, and doing ambushes. This is all written down and signed by me. I shot a marine asleep on guard duty, that was high on heroin. I was arrested the next day as the camp was attacked by sappers the night I came back from ambush and he was asleep. The next morning MP'S came and hand cuffed me, I was taken to the captains tent, and he said he was going to fix my dumb ass. The sent me to Ekuska Japan for 3 months mental ward loaded up on thorazine, I was busted to private, then the sent me back to the NAM same unit 1st batallion 26th Marines Charlie Company. The military now denies this never happened, about 1/3 of the platoon was stoned on Heroin the night the sappers came. Much loss of life, and hand to hand combat. Iwas there in TET

The government says there are no records of this, the man I shot lived, I'm sure he remembers me

My dd214 shows brig time and I was raped in the brig, I have a scar on my anus from the shive they stuck up it first.

No report was filed. I never told anyone except the PSY DR and you here. I feel better it is out noe, relieved, but the war is my damage, is my dreams.

I'm sorry, but I must close now, I know you understand my pain. Thank you fro your concern.

I did not even remember I was a Marine until I shot deer in Texas, 1977. I had a tag for 1 deer, I shot the heard (9). I was arrested by the game warden, he did a warrant check and found out I was Nam Vet USMC, he said, I think you had a flash back and let me go. Dont ever hold a rifle or pistol again he said.....

I continued with amnesia till 1988 and then I started remembering small things. Then I had a quad bypass in 1993, and I remembered everything about Nam , but not after. 30 days of Morphine and tied to the bed because thew shrink at the hospital recommended it. so I would not dirupt the ward and to save myself from myself....absolute hate was in my heart....I can't go on, sorry

Bless you and yours. You help more people than you know, God bless you and yours.

Thank you Carlie for your time and recommendation.

I am not a lawyer, I only thought that if I had it in my back pocket

it could not hurt, I would rather go into the fight with more ammo than I need,

but I appreciate your experience and wisdom. This is not my only Magicians trick.

I just had the C&P ordered and taken 1 month ago.

I have had no correspondence with the VA other than to send me to an Outside Shrink

the VA uses for extreme combat vets.

I know my case as it stands is winnable, I am looking at a back pay situation for many years if it is picked

up under Nehmer.

You know, to reveal all this to all of you, perfect strangers, is difficult, It is for me the therapy the VA has not presented me with before now.

This is the first time I have spoken to a shrink that seemed to understand PTSD, and what I have been through.

It has taken 7 years to get to this point in the VA system.....Time will tell.

Read all my post here and you will see I have revealed a very troubled very young man.

Someone needs to be aware of the fragility of the young compared to the older combat vet. Most combat vets I know are 5 years older than me, and when you are dealing with "Formative Years" the effect is staggering. My opinion for what it is worth. Hand to Hand combat when you are 18 is a grizzly power trip of the worst kind. I can say no more about this.

I have a winnable case on it's own merit, I am trying to make a point about the young mind. No offense intended or implied.

Thank You

Ron

Ron,

N

to the specific vet.

JMHO