VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Shoes

Rate this question

packrat

Question

' I used to cry as I had no shoes, til I met a man that had no feet." So sad people. I have issues I need adressed but I talked yesterday to a viet Nam vet I have not seen in over 40 years. We were stationed together and I made up my mind I was going to find him and a few others like him. Spent hours on the net doing searches and finally found a phone number. Called and got his wife. Told her the situation and asked if I had the right person. It was the right person and she put him on. I did not know he had PTSD. He sounded like a 90 year old man. It about broke my heart as I led him through a conversation. He did remember me and some of the others in our detachment. I remember him as a young spit fire, just full of it with a super sense oh humor. I now feel guilty. This is one of the things that kept so many Vietnam vets away from the VA. Most of us knew others we were with that hurt so much more. No matter how bad you have it always remember there is a good chance a vet some where may be a little worse off. I hope making contact did some good and no damage. It seemed to lift his spirits a little. He does not go on the computer but asked me to send him my phone number. I will let him make the next contact if he feels up to it. Breaks my heart to see what has happened to some of these fine men. Next week is Thanksgiving. Even though some of us have issues, lets be thankful for what we have left. For some,it's not much.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question