VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Insurance Problem

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

hello everyone, i have a problem with service insurance policy . what i state is very strange,rova has my policy in their system. yet insurance will not give me a copy of the policy,va has stated it is active how ever i do not pay for it. in 46-49 i am jurisdiction, under radiation exposed occupational japan, under chapter 5 part 3 m21-1, i spend 7 months in hospital in japan. i fell i was granted 100% because va states no records found. i did not get my records until 2002, so you may ask yourself why i did not try sooner . i wrote va 3 times for records over the course of this issue for yesrs in 1978 i wrote for all medical records again no records found. in 2002 when i get my records . i find all need information in files. now to get back to my insurance when i go in va insurance va states this is a RH i don;t know what this means, i try to get into policy with my ID can;t because i don.t knoe pin number so i try to get a new pin mumber can,t because someone has changed my address in 05,remenber i had no knowledge of this policy until 2002, i fell as i am single when policy goes into affect some puts their name on as my wife?or beneficiary?does this make sence to you? i have faxed va insurance many times to give me policy just faxed yesterday stating as i am the owner of this policy you cannot make any changes without my permision, in writing and i must sigh anything that applies to yhe policy. insurance will not get in touch with me a mrs scholry, was in charge of this issue however when i questioned her about policy she wrote back letter in order to get this insurasce you must be discharge after 1951, i write i an in navy 52-56 i was on wasp when we sunk the hobson so she had proof. she has turned my clain over to a someone else, they will only give me 10,000 under disabily ; my HR is still in affect i checked on friday with va . someone has made a change in 05 like i stated what do you think about this? insurance or va will not give ne policy.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

"she has turned my clain over to a someone else, they will only give me 10,000 under disabily "-

Do you know who she turned this over too?

On the page you tried to access your policy- is this the page you are using? (below )

I would use their email addy at the bottom of this page and see who she turned this over to-

I dont understand a few things about your problem-

the RH means -this is Service Disabled Insurance

I believe the maximum amount is $10,000.

http://www.military.com/Resources/Resource...4,31371,00.html has more info too-

It is technically called S-DVI and maybe you are using the wrong designation on the menu at the VGLI site below.

The 1951 date she gave you- that is when S DVI came into existence. I believe the $10,000 they said is the correct amount your beneficiary would get.

These are term life insurance programs and they do not generate dividends.

https://giosgli.prudential.com/osgli/web/OSGLIMenu.html

Choose a Topic Accelerated Benefits Option Assess Your Life Insurance Needs Beneficiary Financial Counseling Conversion - Converting SGLI - Converting Spousal FSGLI - Converting VGLI Email OSGLI Deployment FAQ's Family Coverage - FSGLI FAQ's - FSGLI Premium Rates - FSGLI Procedures Guide History of SGLI/VGLI Insurance Needs Calculator Legislation Rumors & Myths about SGLI SGLI - General Information - SGLI FAQ's - Disabliity SGLI SGLI & VGLI Forms SGLI Handbook VGLI - General Information - VGLI FAQ's -VGLI Online Access - VGLI Premium Rates What's New in SGLI/VGLI

VGLI Online Access

Using this site, you can access your Veteran's Group Life Insurance records to view payment and billing information.

OSGLI Menu Options

(If you are a new user to the application,

please click the above button.)

(If you are a returning user or if you want to change

your password, please click the above button.)

(If you want a password reset,

Problems accessing your policy information?

Toll-free telephone: 1-800-419-1473

Toll-free fax numbers:

Death and accelerated

benefits claims only: 1-877-832-4943

All other fax inquiries: 1-800-236-6142

Overseas:

Phone Number: 973-548-5699

Fax Number: 973-548-5300 General Correspondence:

Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance

290 West Mt. Pleasant Avenue

Livingston, New Jersey 07039

New VGLI Applications and VGLI Reinstatements:

OSGLI

PO Box 5000

Millville, New Jersey 08332-9928

E-mail:

Death and accelerated

benefits claims only: osgli.claims@prudential.com

All other inquiries: osgli.osgli@prudential.com

VA Home Page / Search / Site Map / Facilities Locator / Privacy & Security Statement / Disclaimer / FOIA

Frank- in addition to my last post here to you-

I am concerned about this-

Did you say they never paid you VA Compensation for your injury on the USS Hobson?

Obviously since you have what I believe is Service Disabled Insurance policy-they had to have awarded you VA compensation- however-

I am wondering this- did the VA give you a wartime pension insead of the comp?

This would not be unusual if the pension amount was higher at that time and you fulfilled the VA pension requirements at that time.

However one of your posts indicated that you get SSA disability for this same disability.

TDIU would be more money than the VA pension and when one gets SSA for disability same as the one claimed and granted service connection- one should be awarded TDIU.

And a question for all-

when we moved to NY , we were quite astonished at the numerous "lifers" on the VAMC grounds. Well we thought they meant lifers becaue they were on VA pensions- not comp-

We were thinking 20 year or more retiree pension. But the we realized

most of these vets were living at the DOM and getting a VA wartime NSC pension-

in talking to them many seemed to me to have direct SC disabilties yet they seemed to believe that once you get a VA pension, you cant apply for comp.

When we got smarter I think they meant there is no advantage in applying for comp if that would be lower than the pension-

Now that I got even a little more smarter- I am wondering where they got this info because-

if a wartime pensioner has NSC combined at 100%, one or more these disabiltities could at

some point be SC and then , if the disabling condition increases, even support 100% VA comp rate.Yet the vet would have to be advised to file a claim for SC.

My question- If Frank is in receipt of a VA pension, shouldn't he-based on the info he gave us-apply for TDIU? He has the SC rating because he gets S DVI-with the RH code?

(I met a vet on the VAMC grounds about ten years ago and he was doing a little volunteer work for them- WWII vet-I assumed he was totally service connected- he told me just about a year ago that he had 2 PHs, a major hearing loss from service, PTSD from service, and other disabling problems and they just told him to file a claim because it was all service connectable.

aint that the craps- he was always at the VAMC , might have lived at the DOM but they cleaned house years back- kicking out NSC vets -many who later became SC -after being homeless-

how can the VA knowingly treat a vet like this- everybody there knew him-

and know he should be SCed totally yet never tell him to file a claim?)

Edited by Berta

Guest frank

bre

"she has turned my clain over to a someone else, they will only give me 10,000 under disabily "-

Do you know who she turned this over too?

On the page you tried to access your policy- is this the page you are using? (below )

I would use their email addy at the bottom of this page and see who she turned this over to-

I dont understand a few things about your problem-

the RH means -this is Service Disabled Insurance

I believe the maximum amount is $10,000.

http://www.military.com/Resources/Resource...4,31371,00.html has more info too-

It is technically called S-DVI and maybe you are using the wrong designation on the menu at the VGLI site below.

The 1951 date she gave you- that is when S DVI came into existence. I believe the $10,000 they said is the correct amount your beneficiary would get.

These are term life insurance programs and they do not generate dividends.

https://giosgli.prudential.com/osgli/web/OSGLIMenu.html

Choose a Topic Accelerated Benefits Option Assess Your Life Insurance Needs Beneficiary Financial Counseling Conversion - Converting SGLI - Converting Spousal FSGLI - Converting VGLI Email OSGLI Deployment FAQ's Family Coverage - FSGLI FAQ's - FSGLI Premium Rates - FSGLI Procedures Guide History of SGLI/VGLI Insurance Needs Calculator Legislation Rumors & Myths about SGLI SGLI - General Information - SGLI FAQ's - Disabliity SGLI SGLI & VGLI Forms SGLI Handbook VGLI - General Information - VGLI FAQ's -VGLI Online Access - VGLI Premium Rates What's New in SGLI/VGLI

VGLI Online Access

Using this site, you can access your Veteran's Group Life Insurance records to view payment and billing information.

OSGLI Menu Options

(If you are a new user to the application,

(If you are a returning user or if you want to change

your password, please click the above button.)

(If you want a password reset,

Problems accessing your policy information?

Toll-free telephone: 1-800-419-1473

Toll-free fax numbers:

Death and accelerated

benefits claims only: 1-877-832-4943

All other fax inquiries: 1-800-236-6142

Overseas:

Phone Number: 973-548-5699

Fax Number: 973-548-5300 General Correspondence:

Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance

290 West Mt. Pleasant Avenue

Livingston, New Jersey 07039

New VGLI Applications and VGLI Reinstatements:

OSGLI

PO Box 5000

Millville, New Jersey 08332-9928

E-mail:

Death and accelerated

benefits claims only: osgli.claims@prudential.com

All other inquiries: osgli.osgli@prudential.com

VA Home Page / Search / Site Map / Facilities Locator / Privacy & Security Statement / Disclaimer / FOIA

BRETA I SEE THAT YOU DID READ MY TOPIC THANK YOU ,YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE 10,000 POLICY. BUT THE ONE I AN LOOKING IS FROM 46-49 I HAVE THE POLICY NUMBER I DID NOT GET ANY COUPONS TO PAY. AS VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND I THINK I WAS GIVEN 100% IN 1949 I HAVE CALLED A FEW YESRS AGO AND THIS POLICY WAS ACTIVE SOMEONE CHANGED THIS IN 05 POLICY IS A SG VA STATED ON FRIDAY GOVERMENT INSURANCE THIS IS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR 10,000 ONLY IS GIVEN NOW FOR PTSD 04,SG IS STILL OPENED,HOWEVER I CAN,T GET INTO POLICY SO IT IS IN SOMEONE ELSE,S NAME MY POLICY IS A 29A4SG SOMEONE MOVED THAT HAS THIS POLICY VA CHANGED MY POLICY,OVER IN 05,BUT 29A4SG IS UNDER MY SS NUMBER I HAVE LETTER FROM INSURANCE A FEW YEARS AGO IT STATES REPLY SSNUMBER MINE IS THERE REFERTO 301-29A4SG THIS POLICY DOES PAI INTREST I AM SURE. POLICY I NEVER PAID FOR BECAUSE I AM 100% IN 46-49 PLOICY IS PAID ALL THRSE YEARS TO KEEP ACTIVE THE PROBLEM IS I CAN,T FIND IT,

Guest frank
Frank- in addition to my last post here to you-

I am concerned about this-

Did you say they never paid you VA Compensation for your injury on the USS Hobson?

Obviously since you have what I believe is Service Disabled Insurance policy-they had to have awarded you VA compensation- however-

I am wondering this- did the VA give you a wartime pension insead of the comp?

This would not be unusual if the pension amount was higher at that time and you fulfilled the VA pension requirements at that time.

However one of your posts indicated that you get SSA disability for this same disability.

TDIU would be more money than the VA pension and when one gets SSA for disability same as the one claimed and granted service connection- one should be awarded TDIU.

And a question for all-

when we moved to NY , we were quite astonished at the numerous "lifers" on the VAMC grounds. Well we thought they meant lifers becaue they were on VA pensions- not comp-

We were thinking 20 year or more retiree pension. But the we realized

most of these vets were living at the DOM and getting a VA wartime NSC pension-

in talking to them many seemed to me to have direct SC disabilties yet they seemed to believe that once you get a VA pension, you cant apply for comp.

When we got smarter I think they meant there is no advantage in applying for comp if that would be lower than the pension-

Now that I got even a little more smarter- I am wondering where they got this info because-

if a wartime pensioner has NSC combined at 100%, one or more these disabiltities could at

some point be SC and then , if the disabling condition increases, even support 100% VA comp rate.Yet the vet would have to be advised to file a claim for SC.

My question- If Frank is in receipt of a VA pension, shouldn't he-based on the info he gave us-apply for TDIU? He has the SC rating because he gets S DVI-with the RH code?

(I met a vet on the VAMC grounds about ten years ago and he was doing a little volunteer work for them- WWII vet-I assumed he was totally service connected- he told me just about a year ago that he had 2 PHs, a major hearing loss from service, PTSD from service, and other disabling problems and they just told him to file a claim because it was all service connectable.

aint that the craps- he was always at the VAMC , might have lived at the DOM but they cleaned house years back- kicking out NSC vets -many who later became SC -after being homeless-

how can the VA knowingly treat a vet like this- everybody there knew him-

and know he should be SCed totally yet never tell him to file a claim?)

BETRA ,AGAIN THANK YOU. UP TO 2003 I NEVER RECEVIED,ONE PENNY,NOTHING FROM HOBSON, IN 1978 I WROTE FOR AIR FORCE ,NAVY RECORDS VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND MY AWARD LETTERS STATES IN NOV 1,04 A100%PERMANENT AND TOTAL FOR YOUR WARTIME SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITYIN WITH VA RATING SCHEDULE AND NOT SO EVALUTED BECAUSE OF HOSPITALIZATION OR SURGERY AND RECUPERATION THIS FURTHER INDCATE YOU ARE IN AIR FORCE 46-49 NAVY52-56 I HAVE A APPEAL TO GO BACK TO 46-49 I PUT IT IN AS A 1151 HOPE I WIS RIGHTFRANK

OK- you get 100% SC- but you are attempting to get an earlier effective date-

This would not be a 1151 claim, it would involve a CUE claim-

Carlie just posted a good one-

CUEs are very difficult claims and are based solely on legal error made by VA in adjudicating the decision.

It pays to put CUE into the BVA browser and then study the CUE claims that come up.

I am unaware of whatever that type of insurance could be Frank-sorry- I only understand that SGLI is active duty service insurance, VGLI is veteran's insurance (paid by premium after service ) and the S DVI is $10,000 for service disabled and I think premiums are always waived.

The scam over SGLI I mentioned in another post was misleading veterans to believe they could get dividends.

(a type of "interest").

I am familiar with civilian life insurance and only a Whole Life policy pays dividends, not a term life one.I know of no VGLI or SGLI policy that does.

I hope someone else mght know more about this type of insurance.

Guest frank

THANK

OK- you get 100% SC- but you are attempting to get an earlier effective date-

This would not be a 1151 claim, it would involve a CUE claim-

Carlie just posted a good one-

CUEs are very difficult claims and are based solely on legal error made by VA in adjudicating the decision.

It pays to put CUE into the BVA browser and then study the CUE claims that come up.

I am unaware of whatever that type of insurance could be Frank-sorry- I only understand that SGLI is active duty service insurance, VGLI is veteran's insurance (paid by premium after service ) and the S DVI is $10,000 for service disabled and I think premiums are always waived.

The scam over SGLI I mentioned in another post was misleading veterans to believe they could get dividends.

(a type of "interest").

I am familiar with civilian life insurance and only a Whole Life policy pays dividends, not a term life one.I know of no VGLI or SGLI policy that does.

I hope someone else mght know more about this type of insurance.

BERTA THANK YOU I AM SENDING IN A CUE ,CHECK MY REPLY TO YOU IT,S IN MY TOPIC INSURANCE PROBLEMS