VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Iris Response 11/22/2010

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I filed mine in Oct.09 and it was for an earlier effective date for my SC cad/IHD. They originally only gave the actual date of my heart attack an operation and I had applied before and been denied. I guess I will see soon how they see this?

Dear Mr XXXXX:

Thank you for your reply to the Department of Veterans Affairs dated November 19, 2010 regarding the status of your claim.

A decision has been made on your claim. Your file will go to the staff that reviews the decision for accuracy and approves the decision, which is usually the final step. This stage should be completed on most claims between 10 and 40 days. Please be advised that a claim may take longer in this phase based on the specifics of your claim.

Generally, if benefits are payable, you may be entitled to a retroactive payment; however, we will not know until we make a final decision. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work our way through the claims processing procedures. You will receive notification via U.S. mail once your claim has been finalized. Your notification letter will explain our decision in detail.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

ogm

How to Contact VA:

On line:

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

At least it sounds like good news in respect to your claim moving along. Hopefully they over estimate the 10 - 40 day thing and you hear something in a week or so.

Just reminding again:

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-RevisedAORelatedDiseases0610.htm

Contact them if you filed for IHD in the past and were denied.

Well I got the Iris back on the 22nd and to date have heard nothing on my claim for an earlier effective date for my IHD.

One thing after rereading the response from them. As usual it has double talk! in the first line it says a decision has been made and then in the second paragraph it says we will not know until a Final Decision has been made?!?

Anyone know the difference between decision and final decision???

What a bunch of BS!!!

Stillhere

My husband got a response from IRIS yesterday stating "Our records indicate that the rating decision is complete on your claim for ischemic heart disease."

Then, another statement "Your claim is in the final stages. We have a system in place to be sure that before your claim is finalized, we check to make sure it has been processed accurately. Once we have reviewed and approved your claim, you will receive your notification letter in the mail."

All sounds positive and encouraging, right?

Then,the next "canned" statement that made me LOL! "The length of time it takes to complete the notification phase depends on several factors. Most claims are completed between 10 and 40 days. Please be advised, this is a national average and some claims may take longer."

So,here we go again.

Lorraine

Almost a verbatim reply to inquiry received Friday., in notification 10-40 days for letter. Filed in Nov 09 for a claim of heart disease denied in Jan 06.

Dave

RO, Louisville,KY

Why did you get deniel.mortarman