VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Answers On What Works Pain Med Wise

Rate this topic

If soma shows up in your piss test or blood work the VA will get upset if you are getting narcotic pain meds from them.

Are you serious! Why is that? It's just a muscle relaxer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also know what your going thru oldman, nothings worst than deficating adobe bricks! My friend told me about a stool softener named BISACODYL that works really well. I tried it and was very pleased with it. It may work well with you or it may not! Everybody is differant when it comes to meds.I spent probably hundreds to find one that worked for me, but like everyone else, it's just finding the right one. I was at a Cigna Health Pharmacy the other day to buy some vitamins and lolbehold there it was on the shelves for only $2.21 for a bottle of 100, which is 10x lower than UncleWally's. I take 3 of them little pink wonders every night.

Now I have a question for you folk's. I been on a generic brand of oxycontin and some kickers of oxycodone. They have woked pretty well, but the oxycontin is tearing me up and makes me very nausiated and sweaty. Does morphine do the same thing to some of you folks? I'm thinking about asking my php to switch me to them. Anybody care to chime in?

Hey cooter sorry to post was not checking back in. The VA does not care about Chronic pain as there are some vets who sell their meds Overdose on their meds and they are just plain scared of the DEA. I would ask about the naseua man sweating and naseau makes me shudder could be your heart. I found out it was my ticker by the sweating. Do me and your loved ones ask the Doc to run tape on you and get it checked? As for what ever you can get with the VA good luck. I went to the salald patch today abiout evry 3 days works like a charm If I could find something to help with my pain now that would be a miracle. Also hate to be crude but if you are passing blood I was told dark red get it checked bright red could be the dreaded hemiroids. if I can do anything holler thanks for the advice I hate Morphine myself i am going to Asia this winter going to try some different things to help. Happy Turkey day one and all

When ever we have a lab work ordered by a VA, they have been known to be checking for other things as well. Such as, what type of drugs or medications you are on, or are you in fact taking the medication that was prescribed for you. They can be very sneaky. On one of my claims I have it was noted that I wasn't taking any medication that would cause me to urinate frequently as I had stated in my claim. It was noted that medication wasn't in system noted by lab results which was enclosed-a 2 page listing of all kinds of things that was checked. So if you do illegal drugs, I imagine they would catch that eventually -hard to tell what that outcome would be-

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they get excited about any drug that might interact with narcotic meds. My private shrink prescribe soma to a patient and the VA had a fit. He had to write some letter, so the VA patient could continue to get pain meds from the VA.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Cooter,

Xanex to help you sleep? Have you tried ambien or another med?