VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Training And Fast Letter Forum Thread

Many Thanks to Tbird and Fanaticbooks for taking the time to pull of of this together and put it in one place!

I know it took many days/hours to do and I truly appreciate all you've done.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob-I sure had nothing to do with this vast list here -but I have been reading over it all morning-

berta , I was remembering your Topic Thread: (Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:07 AM)

Nehmer Fast Letter Of Feb 2009

" This Fast letter re-defines how these claims should be handled- it is a stronger statement than the more recent Fast letters on the new AO presumptives and shoul;d be considered in the context of the proposed regs on the 3 new AO disabilities.

Please note one page one of this letter to all VAROS

"ACCOUNTABILITY

Regional Offices must stricly comply with the instructions set forth in this letter and attachments.It is critical that NEHMER claims be handled expeditiously and correctly. The processing of Nehmer claims requires VA to operate under court-imposed deadlines. Failure to comply with instructions could result in court-ordered sanctions against VA and/or VA officials."

I gave the VA plenty of time since my April 2009 AO death award to comply with Nehmer but they failed to.

After contacting the OGC in DC a few weeks ago-from that point on my claim was handled expeditiously. I wanted a decision by Christmas as to the Nehmer court order.A decision was made on Dec 24th 2009 and the monetary award is due to be sent on Jan 4th 2010.The lawyer mentioned in this Fast Letter on page 5 of 14 is the OGC lawyer who took immediate action on my case.

I anticipate my award will be the wrong amount-only because the VA has never in over 10 years sent me a proper monetary award right off the bat. In spite of their sophisticated computers they still manage to add wrong.

But maybe I will be surprised on that.

Nehmer costs the VA lots of $$$$$. In many cases even if a Nehmer vet dies and then his widow or her widower dies- the Nehmer money that was due still has to be paid to the next of kin or estate of the veteran.

There is absolutely no incentive for the VA to attempt to withhold Nehmer Retroactive payments but they have done this and will continue to until- all vet reps and all Nehmer class action members take a stand on getting their proper retro awards.

Nehmer claims are handled in a special way -that is explained in this fast letter attached.

If they arent handled this way- the AO vet or survivor has to take other action as the VARO has committed CUE and also defiance of the mandate of the Nehmer COurt Order.I will certainly explain how that goes if and when we get vets or widows who are owed Nehmer money that the RO failed to pay.We had a few here already at hadit.

If the VA had properly handled my claim and sent it to the PRC in May of 2009 my case would be resolved by now. But I am grateful they again buggered up my claim as I learned of the internal VA AO claims procedure- and would not have known how it worked if they had given me the proper AO award at that time."

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that is Fast Letter 09-09.

If it is a different letter, I would be interested in posting it in here if it is not already.

Actually, I probably got clues from Berta as well as others in here to find some of these fast letters.

It took some ferreting to find some of these. I KNOW some that were mentioned on hadit allowed me to know what was out there.

The ones who went before helped me a lot as I did these suckers.

If anyone finds new ones, whether newly published or wandering in the ether of the Internet, please let me have them or show me the way. Just because these are posted here doesn't mean I want to stop looking. I've just run out of finding some.

fanaticbooks

• 2 weeks later...

The Veterans Benefits Network has a list and as soon as I get time I will try to compare it with your list Fatasticbooks-

http://vets.yuku.com/topic/48610

They dont seem to have any actual links there however so that will take time if I find any we still need.

PS -I cannot thank you and Tbird enough for all this work.

Last time I mentioned a new VA fast letter to a vet rep he just gave me a blank stare.

Reps get notifications of these Fast Letters and Training letters but they all don't read them.

Still looking for the 17 page DMII 1997 Training letter.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

VBN's list is exactly the same. I did that one too.

This forum is a result of that topic. When I upgrade one, I upgrade the other.

Since I am not computer savvy (like TBIRD is) I had to insert the letters there into one topic using the original post for mentioning what reply was where and on what page.

:)

fanaticbooks

The Veterans Benefits Network has a list and as soon as I get time I will try to compare it with your list Fatasticbooks-

http://vets.yuku.com/topic/48610

They dont seem to have any actual links there however so that will take time if I find any we still need.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use