VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made

Rate this topic

The VA still has not placed your POA throughout the system. I will try again on Monday to fix that. I saw your appeal is completed and they granted 2 items. Migraines and individual unemployability. I don't know what percentage for the migraines nor the dates. They did not give us a copy since our POA was not in the system. I will work on this Monday. I have a copy of the POA and will get it in the system.

Have a great holiday and you will get your letter probably next week.

I received this from my DAV rep. I called to check on it and the VA said decision was made, its pending authorization. What does this mean? How long does it usually take?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Should be pretty soon. The amount off retro can slow down an award if it requires extra signatures.

Good Luck

I dont know about the retro, I filed for TDIU in Aug 08 got denied May09 filed NOD May09, how far will they go back? To the original file date or the NOD date?

• HadIt.com Elder

I dont know about the retro, I filed for TDIU in Aug 08 got denied May09 filed NOD May09, how far will they go back? To the original file date or the NOD date?

They'll go back to your original claim date. If that was Aug. 08, then they will owe you for 27 months retro-active pay. Now this is according to what the difference between what the TDIU payment should have been, minus the amount that you have been paid if you have been receiving any disability compensation during this 27 months. If not, if this is your first compensation award, then they will owe you (according to how many dependents you have listed) approximately 27 X $2,600.00 or about $70K, and, if this is so, then it will take a little extra time to get all three signatures okaying this disbursment.

NOW, listen up!

There are several additional benefits BESIDES the $2.5K a month that you need to be aware of, i.e., Chap. 35 bennys, free life insurance, etc., AND, according to which state you live in, various and differing state-supplied benefits (property tax reductions/elimination, vehicle tax/tag elimination, hunting/fishing licenses, state park admission, yada, yada, yada. And, don't forget, if this is your first award or the first time you have passed the "no co-pay" threshold, the elimination of your co-pays at the VAMC AND the refund of all your co-pays back to Aug. 2008.

BTW, congratulations!

Congratulations!

Nice post LarryJ. Many do not know about the other benefits other than the $. I know didn't when I got my award.

Isn't there something about eligibility for life insurance (SGLI or something like that) that comes with the award also?

Again, great news!