VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Education For Spouse

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife wants to take a correspondence course. I have Chapter 35 bennies and I believe she would qualify for educational assistance. I downloaded the application from the VA. Where do I send the application and what supporting documents do we need to send. We called VA but the site for education benefits is down. I know the school has to send some kind of form to VA. The school is in Vermont I think which is their physical address. Is this process very complicated because if it is my wife will give up. Not me, but she can't handle VA hoops. I am trying to break her in to dealing with the VA since she will have to deal with them someday.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I recieve Chap. 35 VA benefits, I am a dependent of a veteran (child). I have been in school since late 2008. I do school Online.

VA also gives an Educational Allowance to the dependent, rates vary, depending on the students status/hours in school. Full time/part time.T

I recieve Financial Aid. Which covers my full academic year in school (i will be done in Sept 2011).

If you can afford too, you can pocket your monthly allowance, which the VA sends you, or Choose to pay for your schooling w/ it. It would be smarter to use it for school espeically if your financial aid doesnt cover all of your tutuion.

Your school will help you get all set up.

I know most online schools deal w/ The GI Bill.

You also have to sumitt your VONAPP to the VA. Its a step by step process.

Google, "VA VONAPP" and you'll find it.

=]