VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions About Back Pay

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I was awarded TDIU in August of 09 dating back to Feb of 09. I stopped working in June of 08. I was wondering if I could get an earlier effective date back to June of 08. I would also like to know if since the clock has run out on the NOD for this claim, if I just missed out and am sol. Thanks.

/doc

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

When did you file your claim for TDIU?

Do you have any pending claims including appeals?

I actually applied for increase for depression in Feb 09, they inferred the IU claim and granted it back to that date. I have a new sleep apnea claim, and I have both an ED and high blood pressure claim on appeal.

I actually applied for increase for depression in Feb 09, they inferred the IU claim and granted it back to that date. I have a new sleep apnea claim, and I have both an ED and high blood pressure claim on appeal.

What are the date that you filed your claims for sleep apnea, ED and hypertension?

What was your service connection rating prior to FEB 09?

I filed my sleep apnea claim on Nov 1 10. I filed my ED and high blood pressure claim Feb of this year. I was rated 40% prior to requesting increase in Feb of 09. My rating was as follows 10% left knee patella femoral syndrome with osteoarthritis. 30% depression major depressive disorder. I was denied for ED and high blood pressure in June of 10 and sent NOD for them in Nov 10.

Have you been awarded SSDI?

If so, was the effective date prior to FEB 09?

So far I do not see VA paying you an earlier effective date.

No I am in the reconsideration stage of my SSD claim. It was a thought so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for your replies.

/doc