VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

DeeCee

Question

I was awarded eighty percent upon retiring from the military, I join to the VA for treatment for these aliments , but on my initial appointment they ask me various question regarding my service, I told them everything about being knock out in Iraq , hitting a bunker also nightmare and sleep problems and all of the PTSD I suffered. I did not tell the military doctors of this at the time because of me TS Clearance. They diagnosed by with TBI and PTSD and I am under treatment for PTSD anxiety, depression, TBI and major headaches, I taking many too many pills to say here. I recently file a claim with the VA, using the DAV is there anything else I need to do for this to proceed. I am currently under the care of three doctors and attend TBI and PTSD classes along with sleep classes. They made the diagnosis, and it is proceeding

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Regardless of what happens stay in treatment! Even if you start to feel better stay in treatment. This will help with your claim and future claims.

I was awarded eighty percent upon retiring from the military, I join to the VA for treatment for these aliments , but on my initial appointment they ask me various question regarding my service, I told them everything about being knock out in Iraq , hitting a bunker also nightmare and sleep problems and all of the PTSD I suffered. I did not tell the military doctors of this at the time because of me TS Clearance. They diagnosed by with TBI and PTSD and I am under treatment for PTSD anxiety, depression, TBI and major headaches, I taking many too many pills to say here. I recently file a claim with the VA, using the DAV is there anything else I need to do for this to proceed. I am currently under the care of three doctors and attend TBI and PTSD classes along with sleep classes. They made the diagnosis, and it is proceeding

DeeCee,

What conditions are your 80 % SC for ?

Are TBI and PTSD the recent issue/s you filed additional claim's for ?

Yes they are, even through they were told after each deployment , the other are for sleep apnea, HBP both shoulder degenerative disease right knee degenartive disease, Tinnitus Thoracolumbare spine disease Cervical soine spondylosis bilateral tube dysfunction, ED, with many more granted but at 0% all service related. This has been on going case since I join VA system

DeeCee,

What conditions are your 80 % SC for ?

Are TBI and PTSD the recent issue/s you filed additional claim's for ?