VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Travel Board

Rate this question

rdnkjeeper

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got an answer in about 8 months I think. It really went pretty quick since I got the hearing in about less than one year and got a decision in 8 months. Getting the hearing did not make a bit of difference since my claim was a CUE and the lawyer just furnished his brief. The hearing lasted 20 minutes at most. My case is atypical I think.

I just had a travel board hearing on Tuesday Nov 30th. Approx how long does it take to hear something back?

Thanks

rdnkjeeper,

My guess is 3 months to receive a copy of the transcripts (if you requested them)

and 6-18 months before you receive a decision / remand.

• HadIt.com Elder

Be sure and ask for a transcript as Carlie mentioned. I sent my lawyer the transcript since they did not automatically provide one to him.

• HadIt.com Elder

they are all different I think I was extremely lucky I had my BVA hearing on the 4th of Feb 2009, I got the decision letter dated 7 April 2009 and got the award and back pay about the 4th of June 2009 which even surprised my lawyer they said not to expect it until at least September or later my case had been floating around the VARO since Dec 2002 with the help and advice of the people here at Hadit I was able to keep the case alive and valid thru NODs appeals and DRO hearing requests until I was able to get a lawyer involved in the appeal process after the VA changed the laws about using lawyers in June 2007 I had one offer to take my case pro bono as they saw I was getting a really raw deal from the VA this lawyer taught me a lot about ethics and showed me not all lawyers are sharks some of them are really decent people

The BVA Judge went out of his way to make sure I felt I had told him everything about my claim that I wanted to and did I feel I had a fair day in "court" and was there any other issues about my VA claims I wanted him to address the hearing really surprised me it was totally different than the DRO hearing I had done back in 2005 where that person just flat did the opposite of the impression he gave at that "hearing" I should refer to it as it really was a "joke" and waste of time.......

After you get the decision letter from the BVA they then have to send your C File back to your VARO for them to rate the claim unless the Judge assigns a percentage and then write the award letter which can take 3 months or more and pray they don't lose any of the boxes with your C File in it, my C File is 3 of those legal size boxes and is about 6 feet of paperwork and is moved on a gurney hopefully it is in storage never to be opened again.....good luck and find a hobby that will occupy a LOT of time spring will be here more than likely and maybe even summer before you get all of the award letters I was told that my 4 month ordeal was really unusual and fast maybe you will get lucky like I did good luck