VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Home Care And Housebound

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since I have "S" I asked the VA for some home health care. A guy came to the house today to evaluate me for PT. I find out that the VA has fobbed me off to medicare. I called the social worker and left a message asking why medicare is being charged for home care I get through the VA. What is going on? Is this normal? I know Pete53 gets some services from the VA. Does not the VA pay for their own home health care services? I am really sick of the VA shifting costs for care to every Tom,Dick and Harry.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Since I have "S" I asked the VA for some home health care. A guy came to the house today to evaluate me for PT. I find out that the VA has fobbed me off to medicare. I called the social worker and left a message asking why medicare is being charged for home care I get through the VA. What is going on? Is this normal? I know Pete53 gets some services from the VA. Does not the VA pay for their own home health care services? I am really sick of the VA shifting costs for care to every Tom,Dick and Harry.

John:

Funny you should mention this but when the Dallas VA tried to do this I refused and told them to forget it if they were not going to pay cause I did not want any co-payments and pretty soon they had it set up. I know that they have others who get it and the people who come out tell me I can get more help if I want but I have been happy with what I get and twice a week visits.

They told me that I could have a number of services but I have made some really good improvement due to help given and paid for by VA not my Medicare.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

I called the VA and they corrected themselves and are going to do the home visits on a fee base for PT. I guess the default is to try and palm it off on medicare unless you make a fuss. Why they would assume that a housebound vet is NSC I don't know because that is why medicare gets involved? Anyway, I will see what services I can get since getting to my VAMC is a royal pain in the ass. They are supposed to open a clinic nearby in January, but who knows. My VAMC tries to stick me for all services I get from them via my insurance. I have to write up a big explanation to my congress critter to prove that the VA is charging my insurance for SC conditions. Where is benefit of doubt on that one?

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't have a problem with VA charging my Insurance. Why should the Insurance Company get a free ride.