VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trochanteric Bursitis

Rate this question

nlualum82

Question

Had to see my HMO doc for my left hip again. This time I was between 2 days I took off because it was so painful to walk.

I have wondered if the pain in my hips, knees, back are related to my 2 SC 10% ratings on my left knee and almost 30 years of compensating. Left knee injury from jeep rollover/degenerative arthritis

Last time the HMO doc examined the hip, he wiggled the leg for about 8 seconds. When I mentioned later about my knee, he said that he didn't detect any arthritis! Reckon he's better than the C & P Doc with his thorough exam and x-rays? Sooo, we know who wouldn't be any help if there was a claim to be made...

Anyone familiar with this condition (or misdiagnosis?).

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Guest jangrin
Had to see my HMO doc for my left hip again. This time I was between 2 days I took off because it was so painful to walk.

I have wondered if the pain in my hips, knees, back are related to my 2 SC 10% ratings on my left knee and almost 30 years of compensating. Left knee injury from jeep rollover/degenerative arthritis

Last time the HMO doc examined the hip, he wiggled the leg for about 8 seconds. When I mentioned later about my knee, he said that he didn't detect any arthritis! Reckon he's better than the C & P Doc with his thorough exam and x-rays? Sooo, we know who wouldn't be any help if there was a claim to be made...

Anyone familiar with this condition (or misdiagnosis?).

Nlualum82,

Try WWW.dynomed.com and type in trochanteric bursitis. This site talks about all the things you have mentioned regarding pain in the knee and low back ankle hip, compensational changes and how these things "are" linked together. Also an examination and IMO by a M.D. who specializes in sports medicine and biomechanics would be able to show that a knee injury can cause the arthritis and bursitis problems you are experiencing. Exactly what you need for SC with the VA, I'm not totally sure.. because I'm new to the VA system myself, but others here can lead you through the maze. Hang in there more people will be along to help you.

Jangrin :unsure: