VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tempoary 100% Claim "lost"

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Well I was applying for Tempoary 100% after having SC Back 3 level fusion in May of this year. Did paperwork at local VA and submited all hospital records about surgery limtations by surgeon who also wrote that I was going to be under his care for at leat 1 year to 1 1/2 years as my back was severely advanced due to arthritic changes well advanced my current age as a result of my injury in service and I was in his opinion unemployable to secure gainful employment as result of the SC back condition.

I have been calling and asking about the tempoary 100% as my wife has lost months of work on account of me being unable to be left alone. i put in for Aid and attendance as i need help with dressing daily living and it also was documented with written statements from my wife surgeon filled out forms for A/A also. Written records of her lost time from her employer sent it laying out she was not able to work her job to stay home to attend to me. The VA in its waste of taxpayers dollars now told me today they have no record of my claim or the hardship claim also sent in. any ideas as my local VA office faxed and mailed all my stuff back in May. I am not sure how to get them off their collective rear ends? Any thoughts? Adios and thanks in advance...

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Walk in and demand to see your claims folder. Take a rep with you and go through it. I Bet it is in there.

They need to learn they cant treat us KY boys like this.

Go get them.

Ask them if they ever saw Next Of Kin When Swayze told that Mob Boss after the boss said Too Bad about his brother. "You ain't seen Bad Yet but its coming"

Then all the Hazard Hillbillies showed up and the Butt Kicking was on.

J

Hey J thanks that is exactly what I am going to do. I was pissed got no reply from the office on friday will be there with bells on so to speak. my main thing was the reason we got behind was the loss of my wifes work/paycheck I know times are hard but this frosted me. I should be used to it. Thanks again but i do have some relatives much like the hill billy clan but no snakes or school buses. LOL. Will see what is there on Monday.

"The VA in its waste of taxpayers dollars now told me today they have no record of my claim or the hardship claim also sent in. any ideas as my local VA office faxed and mailed all my stuff back in May. I am not ...."

What do you mean by the VA "local office"?

Do you have a vet rep?

One of the main reasons we need reps ( I should talk- I don't have one any more )

is they can keep a POA file on us and fax or mail stuff to the VARO themselves and have some sort of receipt that VA got it from them.

John is right-it could be right in your c file but if you sent this in this past May I think you should have heard something from them by now.

I suggest you bring copies of your stuff when you go there- just in case they cant find it all- and ask them for immediate attention if they lost what you sent to them.I believe they owe you expeditious treatment if they lost it.You might need to contact their VSM on this, If you tell me what VARO I can give you contact numbers.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is why I hand carry or send claim information certified mail/return receipt. They have lost my stuff countless times. It usually is in the C-File but they are too lazy to look like my DD214 they said they did not have.

"The VA in its waste of taxpayers dollars now told me today they have no record of my claim or the hardship claim also sent in. any ideas as my local VA office faxed and mailed all my stuff back in May. I am not ...."

What do you mean by the VA "local office"?

Do you have a vet rep?

One of the main reasons we need reps ( I should talk- I don't have one any more )

is they can keep a POA file on us and fax or mail stuff to the VARO themselves and have some sort of receipt that VA got it from them.

John is right-it could be right in your c file but if you sent this in this past May I think you should have heard something from them by now.

I suggest you bring copies of your stuff when you go there- just in case they cant find it all- and ask them for immediate attention if they lost what you sent to them.I believe they owe you expeditious treatment if they lost it.You might need to contact their VSM on this, If you tell me what VARO I can give you contact numbers.

Thanks to the question of the local office we have a County office of Veterans affairs that helps veterans file claims and submits the forms which are sent to the Regional office in Columbia SC.

I had to wait until the head of the office came back today to get them to search my file I was not able to physicaly go there my back is keeping me bedridden so far this week. I got an email from the office head who said he would pull my file and see when we sent the claims in. I sent them in 1 week prior to my SC back surgery. I had a VSO but after they did not win my claim that went to BVA I won it on appeal for 4 cues on the case for an appeal and now everything is at the rating board.

I can ask you seeing how my claim was at the rating board since October the 19th and the national average is 60 days according to the call center what should I do? I really need them to get the claim rated and get a descion I put in for the Temp 100% along with a financail harship claim ( I had plenty of evidence) and the hospital records of the nature of my operation and the surgeons notes. I feel like it is a good case but what scared me was the fact it apears that the call center kept hounding me today to file a new claim for temp 100%. I had to explain really slow to the lady that I had filed a claim and that I would go look in my file when I was able to get up there to get the original time dated claim. It seemed like she wanted me to file another claim as she did not see the evidence. Very aggrivating. The call center lady asked me did I want to drop the claim again for 100% and I had to go back and explain again that the claim was filed in at the American Legion office and that I was waiting for the office Manager to get back from out of town to get the proof. if you have a local number for the Columbia SC VA regional Office other than the call center main number as I seem to be getting now where with these people it would be great.

I have had this happen before and The office manager of the office is a great rep but the others I have spoken with are not really doing what I needed. My claim is complex as I am medicaly retired from my civillian job with one of my recently SC conditions but that is another problem. right now I am limited in what I can get done over the phone or email as my back goes out and I am stuck in the house until I can get straight then maybe I wil hear something. I know you have so many irons in the fire helping everyone I for one wish you lived closer I woiuld offer to buy you nad a guest dinner just to pick your brain. I appriciate the hard charging attitude you have dealing with the VA I have learned a lot from you and others about the claims process Thanks.

Well got up with the local Office of Veterans affairs VASO still not finding my original claim but did call the -1 800 call center. I got lucky a nice lady out of AZ took the time to advise my claim is flagged a hardship which in her opinion stated that the claim would move at a faster pace. Was advised that the claim is being worked waiting on signatures but nothing more. My question for anyone is I applied for aid and attendance as I am the recipient of "failed Back Surgery syndrome" my 3rd for my back. My surgeon got my aid and attendance paperwork filled out along with his limitations and why I needed help with dressing bathing I am not at the jazzy chair yet but walker is used everyday. Getting off point when the ratting team gets my claim what are the chances they would look at my claim for IU as my reason for AA is for my back?

I have an appeal for IU that is what I had the surgery for. I submited all my surgeons records his reasoning that the arthritis claimed in the current claim is secondary to my back for my current claim. His opion was that my current arthritis is advanced for a person my age due to the traumatic injury from service. My whole spine is shot due to the progressive traumatic arthritis during operation I was on the table 2 extra hours for him to try and work the arthritis and install hardware. I have had the bone density test did at the VA as well as the nerve damage tset done that is also claimed. any ideas should I wait to see if they pull the nod i filed for the IU that was turned down last year as my back just kept getting worse and I had to have the surgery done but I hate to say it the back is in worse shape now than it was 2 years ago when I filed the claim for IU. The surgeons letter to the VA after the surgery stated that it would be at least 18 months recovery time due to the nature of the 3 level fusion and the state my back is in.

I guess I am just pissed I know i should file the claim but if I do I take the chance of them pulling everything back to starting over. right now i am trying to keep my home my wife has been warned not she has lost too much time already this year with staying home with me when I am stuck in bed on account of my back going out. I know this was long but wanted to lay it out for you. Current claims IVDS depression/mood disorder secondary to my SC back arthritis and Aid and attendance. On appeal is the IU for my SC back, bilateral nerve damage and increase for my migraines the darn things have had me in Er twice last month alone. I am not sure what I should do so any ideas. I am still not getting an answer to where the Tempoary 100% claim went to. thanks have a good day..