VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tempoary 100% Claim "lost"

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Well I was applying for Tempoary 100% after having SC Back 3 level fusion in May of this year. Did paperwork at local VA and submited all hospital records about surgery limtations by surgeon who also wrote that I was going to be under his care for at leat 1 year to 1 1/2 years as my back was severely advanced due to arthritic changes well advanced my current age as a result of my injury in service and I was in his opinion unemployable to secure gainful employment as result of the SC back condition.

I have been calling and asking about the tempoary 100% as my wife has lost months of work on account of me being unable to be left alone. i put in for Aid and attendance as i need help with dressing daily living and it also was documented with written statements from my wife surgeon filled out forms for A/A also. Written records of her lost time from her employer sent it laying out she was not able to work her job to stay home to attend to me. The VA in its waste of taxpayers dollars now told me today they have no record of my claim or the hardship claim also sent in. any ideas as my local VA office faxed and mailed all my stuff back in May. I am not sure how to get them off their collective rear ends? Any thoughts? Adios and thanks in advance...

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Send an IRIS request. The people at the 800# will tell you anything. The are not located where your file is. It is always a crap shoot as to what answer you get by calling them. Call three times and you will get at least two different answers. The IRIS request will be answered by the RO that is handling your claim.

Sorry I just saw your question. Due to weather I have been having lots of internet problems (lots of snow up here)and cant stay on line too long-

"if you have a local number for the Columbia SC VA regional Office other than the call center main number as I seem to be getting now where with these people it would be great."

Columbia SC VARO most recent phone numbers I have

Regional Office Director

Carl W. Hawkins Jr.

VARO 319/00

1-803-255-4123

1-803-255-4120 (Fax)

VSCM John Ballenger 1-803-647-2554

I think the problem was with your County VSO's office-

When I used to have vet reps, whether they said they would something into the RO for me or not-I always sent the stuff in too.

Good thing- my last rep sent Nothing to them-not even copy of my claim.During the time I thought he was pursuing my claim,or at least supporting it with a 4138 - he had me doing some volunteer work for a few claimants he had.

When I caught onto how he deliberately tried to screw me,and use me at the same time ---well long story -he is no longer a vet rep.

"I appriciate the hard charging attitude you have dealing with the VA I have learned a lot from you and others about the claims process Thanks."

Thanks. That is why I graduated from a Military University 3 years ago.I was only the second civilian enrollment and the Military officers who taught the courses I took were Very tough on me.I graduated with Honors because I knew the essence of tactical war maneuvers can be applied directly to the VA claims process.It has worked for me.

The intellect,experience, and support here from Everyone is astounding.

Send an IRIS request. The people at the 800# will tell you anything. The are not located where your file is. It is always a crap shoot as to what answer you get by calling them. Call three times and you will get at least two different answers. The IRIS request will be answered by the RO that is handling your claim.

Thanks Sharon would an IRIS inquiry slow my claim down? I ask this in the back of my mind I keep thinking I will screw my claim process up or slow it down. i did not know that the IRIS inquiry is sent to my VARO. Have a good morning....

Sorry I just saw your question. Due to weather I have been having lots of internet problems (lots of snow up here)and cant stay on line too long-

"if you have a local number for the Columbia SC VA regional Office other than the call center main number as I seem to be getting now where with these people it would be great."

Columbia SC VARO most recent phone numbers I have

Regional Office Director

Carl W. Hawkins Jr.

VARO 319/00

1-803-255-4123

1-803-255-4120 (Fax)

VSCM John Ballenger 1-803-647-2554

thanks not a problem I have your New York weather here in SC you are welcome to it as it is killing my arrthritis I will try the numbers out and PM you on the details. thanks so much....

I think the problem was with your County VSO's office-

When I used to have vet reps, whether they said they would something into the RO for me or not-I always sent the stuff in too.

Good thing- my last rep sent Nothing to them-not even copy of my claim.During the time I thought he was pursuing my claim,or at least supporting it with a 4138 - he had me doing some volunteer work for a few claimants he had.

When I caught onto how he deliberately tried to screw me,and use me at the same time ---well long story -he is no longer a vet rep.

"I appriciate the hard charging attitude you have dealing with the VA I have learned a lot from you and others about the claims process Thanks."

Thanks. That is why I graduated from a Military University 3 years ago.I was only the second civilian enrollment and the Military officers who taught the courses I took were Very tough on me.I graduated with Honors because I knew the essence of tactical war maneuvers can be applied directly to the VA claims process.It has worked for me.

The intellect,experience, and support here from Everyone is astounding.

Good but please let us know here in the forum.I don't do PMs,emails etc.

Well Berta it has been a little over a month. I have not made any headway into finding the original claim i even had my buddy drive me up there to check or eyeball my folder at the vetrans office. i am pretty sure now that both my 2 appeals and the current claim are with the rating board once I submit a claim for tempoary 100% that my folder will be pulled from its current place in line and see wher it goes. I know that I put in the claim but showing out would probally be worth it stress wise but that would only cause me more problems than i need right now. I downladed the form for the claim what would you do/ Money wise i could use the rating if only to catch up with our mortage. My wife has lost her ability to miss any more work and I had hoped that one of my claims for Aid and Attendance that is in the rating team area would get to a descion sooner than a new claim would go through the process all over again. i submited the hospital records right after the surgery along with supporting evidence of my surgeon who I asked to help me with his opinion on the aid and attendance forms. one of the appeals is for TDIU wher the issue of my arthritis was also claimed and proof was submited as SC traumatic injury to my spine was the result of arthritis that is in my whole spine and is not common for a man of my age with the degree that my back is in. I am housebound and need daily help with task but this is something i defer to you experts. who knows when I will hear eithier way I have kept the original claim active for my appeal for IU 1 year prior to my last of 3 SC back surgeries. Any thoughts as no one at the cal center can advise exactly wher the claims are only that the ratibg team has had my claim since December the 8th 2010. Adios.