VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tempoary 100% Claim "lost"

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Well I was applying for Tempoary 100% after having SC Back 3 level fusion in May of this year. Did paperwork at local VA and submited all hospital records about surgery limtations by surgeon who also wrote that I was going to be under his care for at leat 1 year to 1 1/2 years as my back was severely advanced due to arthritic changes well advanced my current age as a result of my injury in service and I was in his opinion unemployable to secure gainful employment as result of the SC back condition.

I have been calling and asking about the tempoary 100% as my wife has lost months of work on account of me being unable to be left alone. i put in for Aid and attendance as i need help with dressing daily living and it also was documented with written statements from my wife surgeon filled out forms for A/A also. Written records of her lost time from her employer sent it laying out she was not able to work her job to stay home to attend to me. The VA in its waste of taxpayers dollars now told me today they have no record of my claim or the hardship claim also sent in. any ideas as my local VA office faxed and mailed all my stuff back in May. I am not sure how to get them off their collective rear ends? Any thoughts? Adios and thanks in advance...

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"I have not made any headway into finding the original claim"

If you fully believe a vet rep filed the claim for you (or they said they would) you might want to double check with them again -I think you mentioned they were going to try to look for to and then mention that you are considering writing to the VA Office of General Counsel for their suggestions here. That might make them look harder.

The OGC has some oversight over vet reps. Not enough in my opinion but a little pressure on those reps might help them find the claim.

Did the VA acknowledge it at all?

Is it this claim you are referrng to?

"I am still not getting an answer to where the Tempoary 100% claim went to"

I say put the squeeze on the reps if they were supposed to file it.

Do you have copies of all medical evidence you sent to support that claim?

Thanks Berta The local Office in my town has told me that they cannot find my claim. I am going to do what you advise. I will make contact with the Rep who did file the claim and check the logbook for the date I remember to see if the logbook that everyone fills in before seeing a rep. as to my evidence I submited the claim for tempoary 100% just days before my surgery. After my release from the hospital I had the evidence of my hospital stay and the notes for the surgery as well as the proof of my SC claim for TDIu. I had filed a claim 1 year before the last surgery and I have a hsitory with the cal center of calling in seeing where my claim for 100% tempoary claim was at the whole time it was never made aware that it was not there untl December when I first posted all the copies that I had sent in are both at home and at the VA and the Reps office just the actual claim is missing. I will look into finding a contact number after 1 more try at the local office when I check the exact date I visited prior to my surgery. I believe it was misplaced as The claim was put in prior to my surgery. Thanks for the reply I am not dwelling on it I just leave my frustrations here on my keyboard when I get upset I tnd to get a migraine. have a good weekend.