VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tracking Ao Claim

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Can't seem to locate the site that I can check on the status of my AO IHD Claim. Can someone help, please?

Thanks,

Don

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I used the regular IRIS site.And used my regular VARO location.

In August they said my new AO IHD claim went from my AOJ (Buffalo) to Togus Maine Nehmer people.

Two weeks later Iris told me the Buff VARO pulled my pending SMC CUE and sent that to Nehmer division in Phila VARO.

Then IRIS told me they could not locate the Aug IHD claim.

I received 3 more IRISes, they had found the original claim and it was with the CUE claim and with a rater.

I pretended I didnt get this last IRIS and sent another copy of the IHD claim and additional evidence to the VSM who had sent me this last IRIS reply.

Just in case. I was a victim of sheddergate and do not take any chances these days.

Have you received anything at all from VA yet?

The AO Nehmer claims are being handled out of the original AOJ in most cases.They are using the Training letter prepared -not by the VA- but by the lawyers who won Nehmer (NVLSP)

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

R'cd Nehmer letter 10-13-10, had C & P 10-25-10. Have copy of C & P & the Echo test. Wanted records from Private Hospital turned those in at VARO 11-17-10. So it's all happend fast & I know that it will be waiting time for me, but that's fine just wanted to start checking in on them next few weeks. I also sent NVLSP info & have confirmation from them. So, thank's to you I've done my homework.

Thanks again,

Don

Don't guess you could tell me where I could find suicide USS Iredell County (LST-838) late 1969 between Vietnam & PI.

Yes, looks like another vet called me & with me it's the blind leading the blind. I've talked with our NAVY friend out on the left coast & still looking...

This site has an old email addy but might be of help:

http://www.mrfa.org/lst_839.htm

The history of USS Iredell COunty is on the net-

I was surrised by the first info on the above sight- she was laid down by American Bridge Company in 1944. My father worked for American Bridge for 30 years.

LST 839 was named USS Iredell County in 1955.

Are you saying there was a suicide on board the USS Iredell County in 1969?

Do you know hometown and name of the sailor who died?

It could be in archived hometown news on the net.

This site might help too as to finding someone in same unit-

http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=200376

"I've talked with our NAVY friend out on the left coast & still looking"

Do you mean Mike Harris? I could check with him if you mean someone else- he was Riverine

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

Sorry was LST-839. Mike has been very helpful as usual, we seem to have reached that point where we believe that this person is not a Wall person. His death was on ship sailing between Vietnam & PI. They did report some suicides, but I don't hold out much hope that this person was reported as a suicide. This Navy vet has described this suicide to me & it is PTSD stressor for sure. Just finding the name would work, but looking at all my regular sites & ones that Mike suggested I don't seem to be much closer.I sent the vet the names on the unit from Military.com & he didn't remember anyone. I've posted to the nam lost & found site & had several replies that didn't get me anywhere. Soon or later from somewhere the answer will come.

Thanks again,

Don

No this vet would not be on the Wall.

A name would sure help!