VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Angry 38 Years Later

Rate this question

landend

Question

Hello

I,m trying to understand why I am so angry after 38 years about the treatment I received during the discharge process at Fort Riley and the lies they stated on the records about no pretrial confinement,no issues concerning mental conditions,when they took me out of the mental hospital I was at when arrested.

They never even mention the mental file

the medicine I was on

the beating I took while in lockup,

the medical records show no problems, Yet I had marked them all on the form for separation

How the say I was awol the last ten days while I was still there.

Let me go with no money,coat,shoes,eyes swollen shut.

I,m not even angry about the assault, just the treatment form Fort Riley

Is it normal to be so angry as if it happen today,really mad about it??

Really vivid in my mind all of sudden.?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

John I don't think there are enough "lab rats" in each VAMC to make a group out of them and we don't really fit into the "groups" they already have established. I watched my ex wifes Uncle do a Nam group and it seemed to me he was there to learn new "symptoms" all he did was find a new way he thought a PTSD vet was supposed to behave and he made sure he did it better than anyone else he was a total pri**** I ran into him a few years ago at the Augusta VA and he still was being denied his PTSD claim he had a bogus stressor and nothing was going to change that fact I think he went to group for 4 or 5 years he thought if he went long enough they would HAVE to grant his claim at the worst it gave him a place to go and something to do for the years he went to group

I don't think I and group would get along to well I don't play well with others hell the Post Office sent me to the mandated counseling 3 or 4 times once they put me on zoloft and put me out of work for about 2 weeks to get adjusted to the meds that really made my station manager mad rofl teach him to send me to a shrink on the clock he was the same idiot who left me on the dock by myself when I was having a heart attack one of my friends was out there with me waiting for the ambulance he made Cowboy go back to his case and told him he would stay with me, about 30 seconds later he went in and clocked me off he said I shouldn't be paid to lay there he was a real piece of work that was in 1998 that was the time they hooked me up to a heart pump for 4 days the post office wanted a supervisor to come to the hospital and give me a letter of warning for missing more than 3 days of work in the past year on unscheduled absences all of them had been due to me being hospitalized for heart attacks I didn't know anyone could schedule heart attacks or strokes ahead of time lol

• HadIt.com Elder

TestVet

The postal service works on the 19th century sweatshop theory of labor relations. They made me get a letter from my doctor saying I was not a threat every time I went to the shrink on the clock. The shrink took me out of work and I never went back but did collect OWCP for a few years. The OWCP still pays for my private shrink I see who wrote me letters to get IU. Ah, it all comes together. The first thing they would do when an employee got injured was clock them out. This is funny because many of the supervisors were clerks or carriers who could not hack it. You had the worst employees supervising the best.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I also was thinking that the time I was being discharged it was from thanksgiving and the new year of 73 and they were lite on man power and probably did not want to be there

But it's the little thinks that really stick with me, Like when I told the jag that there was a medical file for me from the mental hospital, and he said that there was not and he asked the co if there was one, than I said well he must of lied,he said he was a officer and they don't lie, that's reserved for the Nco's.that there was a moral difference between the two.

There is 30 or 40 statements, that really still makes me angry, and for a time Some I believed, like I will be washing cars for a career.

Does anyone know what the AE & GT mean on the test you take when you start basic?

It also says on the form Specialized training UCMJ whats is this a test they do?

Specialized training UCMJ" refers to specialized training about the Uniform Code of Military Justice. It was probably the mandatory Article 137 training.

Article 137 (10 USC 937) requires certain UCMJ articles to be explained to enlistees.

At least in the ASVAB, GT is the general technical score. I don't know what AE is supposed to be.

In addition to the absolute outrage you should have, you are suffering from PTSD, end of story.

I wrote this to tell a brother in service, you have every right to pursue this matter. I am not an expert,

I am a kindred spirit that had something very similar happen to me.

Hang in there, I share your outrage.

RP Philippines

Hello

I,m trying to understand why I am so angry after 38 years about the treatment I received during the discharge process at Fort Riley and the lies they stated on the records about no pretrial confinement,no issues concerning mental conditions,when they took me out of the mental hospital I was at when arrested.

They never even mention the mental file

the medicine I was on

the beating I took while in lockup,

the medical records show no problems, Yet I had marked them all on the form for separation

How the say I was awol the last ten days while I was still there.

Let me go with no money,coat,shoes,eyes swollen shut.

I,m not even angry about the assault, just the treatment form Fort Riley

Is it normal to be so angry as if it happen today,really mad about it??

Really vivid in my mind all of sudden.?