VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What A Trip! Ao

Rate this question

ironfaux

Question

Im a vietnam combat vet from 72 with ptsd that is now 100% p and t

back in oct 06 when i was only 50% i had to get a chest e-xray at bay pines

I hadnt been able to sleep laying down and my feet were swollen ,and i couldnt walk any distance for about a month without having to stop and rest.

anyway after i had the x-ray the attendant said i should stop at the emergency room to have them look at this so i went with the help of a nurse, by this time i was kinda in bad shape.

they did vitals then an ekg and within an hr i was on the 4th floor in the heart center for a week.(sorry to be so long winded)

i was diagnosed with congestive heart failure with an injection fraction of 21 % and artarial fibulation .

my vet counslor advised me to file ,so on oct 19th i did.mo march 12/ 07 i got a letter denying my claim

in oct of this yr i got some paperwork with my name typed on it about agent orange and nemher and if i signed it i would be put on the front of the list for evaluations

once again i called my vet counslor and he told me to not rock the boat and ignore it

i just went to a c and p on nov 15th and on fri .dec 3rd i called the 1-800 number and they said it was at the rater and i should hear in about 2 to 3 weeks about all this. oh and btw i have 100% n/s connected for copd so they say

My question is (finally) what can i expect and i heard about an s code and an n code and a m code can this now help me also

appreciative as always

ironfaux an old grunt and door gunner from the 1/7th cav

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about all the rest of your posting, but, I DO KNOW ONE THING. Your "vet counselor" (whomever that may be) is an IDJIT!

...............but, wth do I know?

The VA's medical definition of IHD for VA AO claims purposed is n this post:

They will be looking for evidence and/or documentation of "ischemia"

It is a good idea for these claims to support them with highlighted copies of any medical records you have that emphatically defines your condition as ischemic in nature or fits into the VA definition of IHD if the word Ischemic does not appear in them.

The best source for a IHD diagnosis is from your doctor.

There is a blank C & P form here in this topic for any potential AO IHD vet with private cardio care to have their doctor fill out.

"i called my vet counslor and he told me to not rock the boat and ignore it" this is outrageous!!!!!

What is meant by the SMC code is that if you can succeed on this claim for service connected and if VA rates you at 60% for it, you would be awarded the SMC "S" award.

SMC is Special Monthly Compensation paid in addition to the 100% comp you have now.

just found these old progress reports,one was when i asked mckiver about my chf and ptsd and the other is the denial reasons of my claim in oct 06 not lookin so good

please let mr know folks

hi all,

I just spoke to the 1-800 number at bay pines and they told me my file went to the rater on dec 14th so I guess its just a matter of a little more time and I'll know the good or bad news in ??? , thanks for all the moral support