Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Does Anyone Suffer From This?

usmc0599
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

Good afternoon to the good people of hadit.com,

Thank you to everyone on here that shares their time, struggles, success, knowledge and expertise. your reward will be great.

Quick question- I was diagnosed with high arches while in the Marine Corps. Surgery was done to , and i use this word lightly, "correct" the problem. well,

the "correction" did nothing but create new problems. Now, three surgeries and seven years later, i feel lop-sided. the pain runs from my right foot to my right knee and my to my hip.

but, now my back and cervical spine are beggining to pop and crackel with every step. i was also diagnose with cervical arthritis . is it possible for my feet to affect my entire right side.

im worrying because my right arm have gone a little numb a few times. I know you guys are not doctors, but i was hoping someone maybe have the same issues. im planning on

taking this to the VA, but im afraid it'll be a waste of time. im SC for high arches and cervical arthritis.

thank you in advance.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

If I were you I would file for any disability that appears to have come from the 2 SCs you have now.

I have fallen arch and know that any arch problem too high or too low -can also eventually cause ankle,knee, hip and or back problems.

You problems now could be claimed as secondary and/or aggravation due to SC. This will need a strong medical opinion to connect the dots but this should not be difficult for a C & P doctor to do.

"is it possible for my feet to affect my entire right side." You bet. There is a claim at BVA (and here somewhere) of 10% flat feet that ultimately generated in time an award of TDIU as the flat feet eventually affected the veteran's entire legs and hips etc.

The dots have to be connected by a doc and I hope VA can do it- and that you don't need to consider getting an IMO from outside doctor which could be costly.

Who did the surgery USMC or VA?

If VA did the surgery you could sure consider filing an 1151 claim too as it sounds like they sure buggered you with the 'corrective' surgery.They wnt award under both 1151 and direct SC claim but it might be more additional way to insure you get proper compensation.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have the high arch problem and I think the military doing surgery for this problem is awful. I have seen pictures of people with deformed arch that get the surgery, but it is major surgery. They have to break bones and do major damage to make an almost new foot. I had a very minor foot surgery and I am suffering 8 months later. Did the military do the cutting of the PF. When they do that kind of thing it can alter the way you walk in all sorts of ways.

I believe my foot problems have led to my lower back problem because I can't get around and spend my time in a chair.

I have the high arch problem and I think the military doing surgery for this problem is awful. I have seen pictures of people with deformed arch that get the surgery, but it is major surgery. They have to break bones and do major damage to make an almost new foot. I had a very minor foot surgery and I am suffering 8 months later. Did the military do the cutting of the PF. When they do that kind of thing it can alter the way you walk in all sorts of ways.

I believe my foot problems have led to my lower back problem because I can't get around and spend my time in a chair.

the way it was explained to me was that they cut my heels and readjust them so that my arch would be "normal". BUT, on ONE foot, the second doctor performed an achilles tendon lengthening. Ive been asking for years now why only one foot when both feet were the same. no doctor seems to know the answer. I get angry just talking about it.

Im 31 years old and i can barely stand or walk for more then ten minutes at a time and thats pushing it.

Good afternoon to the good people of hadit.com,

Thank you to everyone on here that shares their time, struggles, success, knowledge and expertise. your reward will be great.

Quick question- I was diagnosed with high arches while in the Marine Corps. Surgery was done to , and i use this word lightly, "correct" the problem. well,

the "correction" did nothing but create new problems. Now, three surgeries and seven years later, i feel lop-sided. the pain runs from my right foot to my right knee and my to my hip.

but, now my back and cervical spine are beggining to pop and crackel with every step. i was also diagnose with cervical arthritis . is it possible for my feet to affect my entire right side.

im worrying because my right arm have gone a little numb a few times. I know you guys are not doctors, but i was hoping someone maybe have the same issues. im planning on

taking this to the VA, but im afraid it'll be a waste of time. im SC for high arches and cervical arthritis.

thank you in advance.

Your Spondylosis or Cervical arthritis is the likely culprit for the arm numbness. You may have a problem from c4 to c6. Does your hand also get numb and if so is it your thumb or on the Pinkey side?

J

Your Spondylosis or Cervical arthritis is the likely culprit for the arm numbness. You may have a problem from c4 to c6. Does your hand also get numb and if so is it your thumb or on the Pinkey side?

J

its my pinkey and ring finger. once awhile my thumb hurts but theres no numbness there.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• Advertisemnt

• question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.

You can read the forums without registering.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

Post straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines

<——>