VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Study Results

Rate this question

cooter

Question

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Bergie might be able to help. He knows a lot more about them than I do.

My sleep study results included a doc write up, graphs and tables. It had counts and %'s for apnea events, oxygen saturation, and a lot of other info.

Did they wake you up and put a mask on you? That's usually a good sign that you have sleep apnea problems.

Bergie might be able to help. He knows a lot more about them than I do.

My sleep study results included a doc write up, graphs and tables. It had counts and %'s for apnea events, oxygen saturation, and a lot of other info.

Did they wake you up and put a mask on you? That's usually a good sign that you have sleep apnea problems.

Sorry I did'nt answere you sooner Vync, for some reason I been having problems on this site. I been getting popups from members posting, not getting notifications that I have a reply. This is my 3rd post today and your the first reply I've gotten. I even posted on "ask the geeks" and havn't heard from them either. Something is perty screwy goin on.lol. Anyway to answer your question about the mask, No they didn't. The final diagnosis said (1) Hypersomnia, unspecified and (2) Mild upper airway resistance syndrome. The reson for the study was to determine what causes me to have "sleeping attacks" in the middle of the day. I mean, I can be wide awake talking to someone and the attack hits me like a ton a bricks, to wear I have to lie down right then and there. Perty wierd huh. The report shows numbers and %'s, but I have no clue what they mean. One I did understand was the sleep efficiency was poor at 64.3%. A total of 15 obstructive apneas, 4 central apneas, and 1 hypopnea, which I have no idea what that is.

Do me a favor Vync! Can you reply back so I would know that this post is working. Thanks!

• HadIt.com Elder

Copy the report, Scan the copy and post it, remove your personal info. It dont look too good. Did it say how many apneas you experienced?

J

Cooter,

Did they mention a CPAP machine? If so, well then you know you have sleep apnea. I would not worry about the fancy numbers. If, you get a CPAP, use it. The first one that I got was set at 16, and then 9, now it will go back up to 13. Is yours SC? I know mine was, but the term "Sleep Apnea" was not invented, they just told you to sleep on your side when I was in.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm going for my second study tonight. The VA is paying and tonight they'll put the CPAP machine on and figure out the settings. Then they'll notify the VA and the VA will order me a machine, from their cheap factory, probably somewhere in China. Cheap f**king VA!!! Now I have to connect it to my PTSD, for SC.

pr