VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Don't Know Where To Start To Help Pearl Harbor Medic

Rate this question

Diamond Dog

Question

My new father in law was a Medic in Pearl Harbor. He signed up and served 3 years in the Navy and was at Pearl Harbor the day after the bombing.

He doesn't like to talk about it and he has not taken a single benefit since he was honorably discharged. However, now he is elderly and could use financial help. He is in good health.

We went to the VA, filled out all kinds of forms and spend all kinds of time on the phone. We were told that he is not eligible for anything.

I find this so hard to believe. I thought these Pearl Harbor survivors were a National Treasure.

Can someone point me in the right direction or tell me if its true that he is not eligible for anything?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I don't think he has PTSD nor do I think he is after treatment for that. He is very healthy and very happy. He doesn't even want to go after benefits. You know how this older generation is. The are so prideful.

He just is really struggling financially and I feel there should be something he could get for putting his life on the line in Pearl Harbor. Like I said, he has not drawn a single benefit in all this time.