VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2Hr 13Min Ptsd C&p Exam

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

Guys I just had a C&P exam for PTSD on the 17th of Nov that lasted over two hours and I was wondering if you all would look at it and give me your best guess at a rating I might get. Also if I do get rated for it should I file for TDIU as I have not been able to work for the last two yrs? How long does it take for them to give you a decision after the C&P?

C&P PTSD.pdf

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a report in your favor. I see at least a 70 and likely IU since you are on SSDI for mental issues.

Good luck and hang in there.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

That is one hell of an exam. I see the VA has a check list for PTSD symptoms. There is no such check list for any other type of mental health condition like that. The exam is in your favor. However, I see this type of exam as a real barrier to most PTSD claims. It seems you have all the symptoms of PTSD, but I think you were fortunate that your exam doctor seemed to like you and want to service connect you. I also see a 70% rating at least. If you are not working you should ask for IU.

• HadIt.com Elder

the exam seems to be very favorable to your claim the fact that you are getting SSD for PTSD should be a major factor in your rating but I get the feeling they will use the fact that you are not in counseling or on any types of meds against you I had a GAF score of 30 and they tried to give me a rating of 50% well they did give me a 50% award and I filed the NOD the very next day and a year later they were forced to grant me the 100% schedular based on statements from my treating shrink and his treatment notes of the previous 3 years where he had stated I was totally and permanently disabled solely by my PTSD symptoms and he felt I would never be employable again. He writes that same statement every Feb each year and he still does it he knows I was rated 100% P&T back in 2006 but he knows the VA so he keeps my treatment records up to date I don't think I have ever had a GAF score higher than a 40

you should be rated at 100% because of your SSD award but should and are don't always compute with the VAROs they may try and give you a 50% rating or a 70% or maybe even 70% TDIU and not grant the P&T status based on the fact that you MAY improve and schedule you for a review 3-5 years down the road

there are many ways they can handle this if you have a decent rater you should be fine if you get an idiot like I had you are in for a rough ride good luck PS I had 2 C&P exams for PTSD one lasted about 15 min and the other about 5 my diagnosis took 4 months of interviews and the tests I think there were about 3 or 4 of them one was really long about 540 questions some were the same question asked backwards to see if I answered them differently they play a lot of head games on those tests

• HadIt.com Elder

TestVet

It sounds like the VA just wanted to make your life miserable. A GAF of 30 and a rating of 50% is in the Outer Limits. When the raters want to screw you they just ignore the evidence. These exams and actual ratings hardly ever make rational sense even when they go your way.

• HadIt.com Elder

John that DRO made my life a living hell for 7 years you know that it finally ended when the BVA Judge granted my CAD claim in April 2009 now the less I have to do with the regional office the happier I am I haven't even been to it since they moved to the new building on Garners Ferry Road and I think they have been there over a year now

I hope they have my C File in storage never to be opened again until I die when my wife files her DIC claim

• HadIt.com Elder

That is one hell of an exam. I see the VA has a check list for PTSD symptoms. There is no such check list for any other type of mental health condition like that. The exam is in your favor. However, I see this type of exam as a real barrier to most PTSD claims. It seems you have all the symptoms of PTSD, but I think you were fortunate that your exam doctor seemed to like you and want to service connect you. I also see a 70% rating at least. If you are not working you should ask for IU.

I agree with this assessment. I would add a proviso that you should seek help quickly, I went on Effexor in 2008 and it has made a world of difference in my life. I think getting a rating would be great, but truely accepting that you need help is just as important.